Guide to wrap text formula in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
The cells in the Excel spreadsheet are of a certain height and width. Although they can be adjusted, the wrap function is ideal when you have longer sentences and you want it to adjust vertically inside the cell.
You may fully show lengthier text in a cell without it spilling over into other cells by using the Excel wrap text option. Displaying cell contents on many lines as opposed to one continuous line is known as wrapping text. Excel cells with text wrapped around them are simpler to view as a whole. A wrapped cell will always accommodate anything you input since it expands as you type into it.
Directions in this article are compatible with 2016/2019/mac/online of WPS Excel.
The Wrap Function in WPS Excel
1. The Home button in the Main Menu of WPS excel Main menu a lot of options including the Wrap Text option clearly displayed.
2. Carefully select the cell that has the text written inside it that you wish to wrap or the target cell.
3. Now click on the Wrap Text option. The cell elongates and adjusts the text inside it according to its size. The cell extends vertically to fit the required text. This text cell will accommodate any more of the text that you type into it.
The Formatting Option
1. The Home option of Main Menu displays a ‘format’ option. Select the text cell to be wrapped and click on the Format drop-down menu.
2. The drop-down menu displays a ‘cell’ option that opens a pop-up window of ‘Format Cells’. It has various options; Number, Alignment, Font, Border, Patterns and Protection. Our concern is with the Alignment option. There are three checkboxes, out of you need to check the Wrap text one.
3. Press okay to see the result. The cell has elongates and adjusted the text inside it according to its size. The cell extends vertically to fit the required text.
The Alt+H+W Method
This is the simplest and shortcut method to wrap long sentences and adjust them in a single vertical cell. Most people prefer shortcut keyboard methods over longer steps and this is jst perfect for them.
1. Just select the cell you wish to wrap and press Alt, H and W key on your keyboard altogether. Make sure to press enter after typing and then reselecting the cell.
2. The result is satisfactory. The cell elongates and adjusts the text inside it according to its size. The cell extends vertically to fit the required text. A wrapped text cell adjusts new text as you type it.
Did you learn about how to wrap text cells in WPS Excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit the word documents, excel, PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula