How to delete pages in word Windows&Mac
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
To delete uncessary content from your word document, it is necessary to delete word pages. If you are wondering how do I delete a word page? You are at the right place.
Here you’ll learn step by step how do I delete a word page. The steps mentioned also works either you are using Mac or Windows operating system.
How do I delete a word page at start of document
1. Open the word document which have more than one page. This example file has 3 pages
2. Now bring your mouse at the 1st page’s end.
3. Click left mouse button, drag upward diagonally. All the text is highlighted.
4. Now on your keyboard, hit the backspace button. This will delete all content on the first page.
5. You can also delete the content of first page by bringing your mouse and click once, you will see the cursor blinking.
6. Now press and hold backspace button on the keyboard, this will erase the content on the first page. But keep in mind that this deleting process is very slow.
How to delete word page anywhere within the document
1. Open your word file. Again in this example, the file here has 3 pages.
2. Locate the page you wish to delete. For this example, the second page is selected.
3. Bring your cursor at the bottom right, click and hold the left mouse button and drag diagonally. You need to be cautious not to drag too far to avoid selection of previous page.
4. Once the content selected, hit backspace on your keyboard. All content on the middle page is deleted and you will see the next page will replace the position of he middle page.
How to delete word page completely in the document with all content
1. If you want to delete all word pages and its entire content. Here are the steps to follow
Launch word and open a file in which you want to delete all content. In this example, a three page document is selected.
2. Now bring the cursor to the first word of the first page no matter if the first word is heading or a paragraph. You will see the cursor blinking.
3. Now click left mouse button, hold and drag diagonally to the bottom right corner, you will see content of every page getting selected.
4. Now when all content is selected, hit backspace on your keyboard. All pages and its content is deleted. However, there will still be one blank page available because this is how the program is designed.
I hope this tutorial answered your question how do I delete a word page. But if you want to get more information Word features, you can subscribe to WPS Academy to learn in detail.
Need to edit Word/Excel/PPT file free of charge? download WPS Office edit files like without any cost. Download now! to get enjoyable working experience.
Was this helpful?