Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to add month to date in the WPS office Excel
Adding months to date in Excel is easy by using a simple formula and that is the EDATE function. Most of the time this type of function is used in financial institutions and banking, however, This is a very useful function especially when it comes to adjusting dates or periods. In this article, I will show you step-by-step how you can add month to date in the WPS office Excel/spreadsheet.
Before getting started, let me clear one thing, it does not matter whether you are using the WPS 2016, WPS 2019 or you have a mac or a Windows. Whether you are online or offline. The method of adding months to date would be the same.
How to add month to date in excel?
Formula: Excel Add Months to Date
=EDATE(start date, number of months)
Below the following steps shows how to Add months to Date in the WPS office Excel/spreadsheet.
1. Go to the 'home bar' and select 'Format' then choose 'cell' select 'number' then select 'Date' from the category and then click on 'ok'.
2. To add months to Date you need to add today's date first. In cell 'G5' i have added today's date [the TODAY() function]. Add the exact number of months that you want to add. i have added 4 months as i want to add 4 months from today like this is JUNE so if i add 4 months then it's going to be OCTOBER on same date.
3. Use the =EDATE(G5,G7) formula to add the number of specified months to the start date. Where cell G5 is equal to today’s date and cell C5 is equal to the number 4.
How to add 6 months to a date in excel/spreadsheet?
Let's see another example of how to add 6 months to a date in excel and check out how it works. You see, by adding 6 months the new date shows after 6 months from now. As it's June 2022, by adding 6 months to date it shows the new date as December 2022.
How to subtract month to date in Excel?
Now, most people have a question that what function to use when we want to put the months before today’s date like how to subtract month to date in excel.
Simply, all you have to do is to put a subtract sign in a month and the new date will show the specific month before today’s date.
Good news, you have now added months to a date in Excel and now you are ready to go.
Have you learned about how to Add months to Date in the WPS office Excel/spreadsheet? If you want to know more about Word features, you can follow WPS Academy to learn. You can also download WPS Office to edit the word documents, excel, PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working excel.
- 1. Easy steps to get week, day and month from date in excel
- 2. 12 Month Sales Forecast Excel Template Sheets for Download
- 3. How to get month name from a date in Excel (4 easy ways)
- 4. How to add month name from date in Excel formula
- 5. How to convert dates to month, year and day in excel?
- 6. Easy Steps to Get Beginning of Year, Month or Week in Excel