Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to split text in only two rows in excel
Excel is a powerful tool and is a very useful software program in today’s digital world. It is used for sorting and analyzing data. Excel plays a vital role in progression of the business world. Excel has introduced many beneficial features that have made it easy and simple for its users to access multiple operations of Excel. One of the important features of excel is the splitting of text in only two rows. Splitting of the data in the two rows produces an accurate data. This feature is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
Many methods and techniques have been installed in excel to access the feature of splitting text in two rows. These methods are very easy to comprehend both for beginners and professionals. In this article we will discuss some of the techniques that would help the readers to grasp the concept of splitting of text in two rows for the maintenance of data files. These methods are compatible to 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Split Text In Two Rows In Excel Using Text to Column Feature?
We can split text in two rows by using the feature of text to column to separate the text in two columns and then we will use the option of paste data for copying the separated text in rows. The steps for this process are described below. This method works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell containing the text we want to split in rows.
2. Then we will go to data tab. Next, we will select the option of text to column.
3. We will choose the delimiter and split the text in the selected cell into column.
4. Then we will copy the split text present in columns and we will apply the feature of paste.
5. Then we will paste the selected data in two rows which will result in splitting of the text in selected cell into two rows.
This method is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Split Text In Only Two Rows In Excel Using Transpose Function?
We can split text in two rows by using Transpose function. The excel users can access this function by first using the feature of text to column. The steps for the activation of Transpose function are described below. This procedure works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell consisting combined data.
2. Then we will go to data tab and select the option of text to column.
3. After splitting the text in column, we will split it in rows using for formula =TRANSPOSE(A1)
4. This will result in splitting of text in two rows.
This technique works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
Importance of Splitting Text In Two Rows
There are multiple advantages of splitting text in only two rows. Some of the benefits of splitting text in two rows are as follows:
1. For managing and organizing a limited amount of data splitting of text in two rows is of prime importance.
2. This function is important in producing a compiled and comprehensive data.
3. It is a very beneficial function for interpretation of unreadable and combined data by converting them in a more precise and readable form.
All the methods mentioned above are compatible to 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
Did you learn about how to split text in only two rows in excel using different methods? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit the word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
- 1. How to make an excel file read only
- 2. How to Split name into two columns in excel (3 Easy ways)
- 3. How to split text into two columns in WPS Writer
- 4. Compare two sheets for duplicate rows in WPS Office Excel
- 5. How to split text in multiple rows in Excel
- 6. How to combine only two text cells in Excel