Add leading zeros in excel to make 10 digits
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
It's the perfect time to learn how to add leading zeros in Excel so you can customize your documents at work. However, for you to be able to add leading zeros in excel 2019 or in the version you have, you will have to comply with some steps. It is time for you to investigate how to add leading zeros in Excel and try to apply each of the methods explained to you.
To add leading zeros in Excel, you must comply with three effective methods that will serve you well. It is good that you take your time to apply these steps of add leading zeros in excel online and try to get the most out of it.
How to add leading zeros in Excel by converting the format to Text?
The first method that you should apply to add leading zeros in Excel is to convert the format to Text as follows:
1. Open the document in Excel, where you have the data to modify with leading zeros.
2. Go to the home tab and click on text in the number group.
3. Enter the number of leading zeros you want in the preselected cell.
4. Save the changes.
How to add leading zeros in Excel using the custom number format?
If you are looking for another method to add leading zeros in excel 2016, you could try the following. You will learn how to add leading zeros in excel using the custom number format like this:
1. Open the Excel document where you want to place the leading zeros.
2. Select the cell to modify.
3. Go to the home tab and place the mouse cursor on the number group.
4. Now click on the dialog launcher that you can identify because it is next to the number box. You could also use the command Control + 1.
5. Within the dialog box, you must go to the number tab and select custom, which would be in the list of available categories.
6. Within the field, you will have to enter the number of zeros to add to the preselected cell. In this case, 5 zeros were added.
7. Finally, click on ok and save changes.
How to add leading zeros in Excel through the text option?
One last option to add leading zeros in excel Mac or on your Windows computer is by using the text option. However, for you to apply this method to help you add leading zeros in Excel, you must do the following:
1. Again, open the Excel document where you want to add the leading zeros.
2. Select the cell to modify and use the following formula: =TEXT(A2, 00000). You can include or remove zeros according to the amount you want.
3. After placing the formula in the correct cell, you only have to click on the enter key.
After seeing the most effective methods, you may have found it very easy to learn how to add leading zeros in Excel. Now you will only have to practice what you have learned and try to get the most out of the tool.
If the content on how to add leading zeros in Excel has been helpful to you and you want to enjoy similar guides, do not forget to go to WPS Academy. With the website, you will have more information on adding leading zeros in Excel or other program tools. On the other hand, you can download WPS Office without investing a single penny of your money.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)