Excel dark mode add on mac
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
The excel dark mode add on allows you to make the appearance of your spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye. In addition, the dark mode will help you focus on your work at any time of the day.
The screen becomes more comfortable to read, especially with high contrast settings. If you want to darken the Excel interface using the excel dark mode add on you are in the right place. Below are the steps you need to follow to enable dark mode and how to properly darken cells.
How to enable the excel dark mode add?
excel dark mode add on 2016 is very easy and fast; you have to follow the following steps:
1. On the ribbon at the top of the screen, you will need to click on “File,” then you will need to click on “Account” at the bottom of the “File” menu.
2. When you are in the “Office Theme” dropdown menu, you will need to choose “Dark Grey” or “Black.” To continue with the excel dark mode
add on online process, you will need to click on the “Back” arrow at the top left of the screen.
With these steps, you should see that Excel has changed its interface to dark mode, but you will see that the spreadsheet itself and the cells on the page in the central part are still blank. If you also want to change the color of the cells to be dark, you will need to set the background to a dark color.
How to set the background to dark color in Excel?
If you have already enabled the excel dark mode add on and you also want to change the color of the cells to a dark color, follow these steps:
1. On the ribbon at the top of the screen, you will need to click on “Page layout” and “Background.”
2. In the “Insert Images” dialog, you need to click on the “Search Bing Search Box.” Then type Solid Gray” or “Solid Black; it will depend on how dark you want your background to be,” and press “Enter.” To continue, select a background image and click “Insert.”
3. If your background is too dark, you may need to change the black color text will be hard to read. To change the text color, you will need to press Ctrl-A to select the entire spreadsheet, and then on the ribbon, you will need to click on “Home” then, in the “Font” section, you will need to click on “Font Color dropdown menu” and choose the color white.
How to add or change the background color of cells in Excel 2019?
If you have the excel dark mode add on and want to change the background color of cells, you are in the right place. You can highlight data in cells using fill color to change or add the background color or pattern of the cells. Follow these steps:
1. Select the cells you want to highlight.
If you want to use a different background color for the entire spreadsheet, you will need to click the “Select All” button.
2. Click “Home” > the arrow next to “Fill Color,” or you can also press Alt+H, H.
3. In “Theme” Colors or “Standard” Colors, you must choose the color of your preference.
If you want to use a custom color, you will need to click on “More Colors” and then, in the “Colors” dialog, select the color you want. These steps are perfect to use with excel dark mode add on 2019.
Moreover, with these functions, you can excel dark mode add on mac with total comfort.
Have you learned how to enable the excel dark mode add on? Dark mode will make your screen more comfortable to read at any time of day. If you want to know other Excel features, you can also follow WPS Academy.
Also, you can download WPS Office to create, edit and process Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents for free.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula