How to add a check mark in excel (2 Easy Methods)
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
A check mark is a symbol or character that will make your spreadsheet look more professional. Learning how to add a check mark in Excel will allow you to insert a symbol in a cell to answer or select an option within your Excel table.
The process of how to add a check mark in Excel is not complicated, and you will not need to be an Excel expert to complete it. There are several ways that you can use to insert a check mark in Excel.
How to add a check mark in Excel using the symbol command?
Below you can see how to add a check mark in excel 2019 using Wingdings 2 font:
1. Open the Excel file where you want to insert the check mark, select cell A1, and then press SHIFT + P to insert a capital P.
2. On the “Home” tab, in the “Font” group, you need to select the “Wingdings 2” font so that you can insert a fancy check mark. You can change the font color to green or any color of your choice. You can also change the font size and apply bold formatting if you like.
3. To continue, on the “Home” tab, in the “Feed” group, use the “Align” buttons so you can center the checkmark vertically and horizontally.
4. As a result, you will have a fancy check mark on your worksheet.
5. If you want to insert a red X, you will need to press SHIFT + O to insert a capital O and change the font color to red.
6. You will now be able to create a to-do list that uses check marks.
How to insert check mark in Excel by copying and pasting the check mark?
How to add a check mark in excel online in simple steps? Copying and pasting are one of the most accessible options for inserting a check mark. Do the following steps:
1. Open the Excel file where you want to insert the check mark.
2. Copy the checkmark, and then go to the cell where you want to paste it.
3. Click in the cell or press the F2 key to go to edit mode.
4. To continue, you must press Ctrl + V to paste the check mark in the selected cell.
In this process of how to add a check mark in excel 2016, you only need to copy and paste the check mark as many times as you want in your worksheet.
How to edit or remove a checkmark?
You can continue reading if you learned how to add a check mark in Excel, but now you want to edit or delete it. The check mark is a simple symbol that you have inserted into a cell; therefore, you can edit it just like text.
1. You need to select the check mark or cell and then use the “Font” or “Alignment” section of the ribbon in the “Home” tab.
2. You can change the color, format, size, alignment, etc.
If you want to remove the check mark, you need to select it and press “Remove.” With any of these steps, you will be able to learn how to add a check mark in excel mac correctly.
Were you able to learn how to add a check mark in Excel? You will be able to improve the appearance of your spreadsheet, and you will have the opportunity to insert different symbols as check marks. If you want to learn new unique features of Excel, you can also follow WPS Academy.
Also, you will have the opportunity to download WPS Office to create, edit and process your Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents for free.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences