How to add check mark in excel cell (The ultimate Guide)
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you want to personalize your work, it is fair that you adapt to the tools available in your work, such as Excel. It is good that you learn how to add check mark in excel to mark the merchandise that has arrived at the company you manage. This verification mark will also serve to check the data that gives the order to the company.
You need to take some time to learn how to add check mark in excel through three simple methods. It is good that you follow these procedures of how to add check mark in excel Online and try to use the one that seems best to you.
How to add a check mark in Excel easily?
To know how to add check mark in excel 2016 easily, you will have to follow these steps:
1. Open an Excel document where you want to place the check mark.
2. You will have to search online for the check mark symbol and copy it with your mouse by right-clicking. On the other hand, you can use the shortcut control + c to copy the check mark and use control + v to paste it into the Excel document.
3. After you have the checkmark in the Excel file, you can place it in the number of cells you want.
How to add a check mark in Excel through keyboard shortcuts?
If you want to learn how to add check mark in excel 2019 or in the version you have, but using the keyboard shortcuts, you will have to:
1. Again, open the Excel document where you need to place the check marks.
2. Select the cell where you want to put the first check mark and press the Alt 0252 keys. This method will work fine on Windows and Mac.
3. You could also apply other shortcuts to place different check marks on the document.
How to add a check mark in Excel using the symbols tool?
In case you search for how to add check mark in excel Mac or Windows from the symbols tool, you will have to apply this method:
1. Open the Excel document where you want to place the check mark and select the cell.
2. Now go to the insert tab.
3. Enter the symbol tool
4. Within the font options, look for Segoe UL Symbol, where the check mark will appear. Now click on insert and close the box.
You are free to use whichever method on how to add check mark in Excel seems most effortless to you. However, it would be good to apply each previously explained method and thus keep that knowledge present. Inserting a checkmark in Excel is easier than it seems; you must apply a few simple steps.
If all the guide on how to add check mark in excel has been helpful to you, do not forget to go to WPS Academy to see more information about it. It is good that you master this tool, knowing that you could use it at work or in your studies. Within the website, you will also be able to see instructional guides on using tools in Word and PowerPoint.
On the other hand, the web will allow you to download WPS office without investing anything in the software. This way, you will have access to a unique tool for your office that will be easy to use.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences