Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to add header in excel for all pages
Now you have the facility to place footers or headers at the top or bottom of the page. Excel allows you to do it using reliable techniques and super fast to apply when doing any job. You can achieve this by obtaining the guide on how to add header in Excel; here, you will have relevant information available.
You have the option to create a footer with dates, file names, page numbers, etc. You can also create personalized ones and place the headings in your works to give them a more modern and professional touch. Next, you will have several methods of how to add header in Excel; you can try it and have guaranteed results.
Add footer or headers in your Excel documents; you can learn how to do it using the guide on how to add header in Excel. Below are instructions on how to place a footer or header.
1. Click on the sheet where you want to add the header or footer.
2. Go to the Insert – Page Group tab and click on Header & Footer.
3. If you want to add or edit a footer or header, enter the footer text box. It can be on the page's right, left, center, bottom, or top.
4. Write the text in the header or footer.
How to add header in Excel Mac?
Indeed, Mac computers have much more advanced and similar functions to a regular computer. If you have one of these teams, the functions to add a header may not be the same. Read this how to add header in Excel guide and get that information.
1. Open the Excel sheet and select the spreadsheet you want to place the header at the bottom.
2. In the toolbar, click on Insert. Then click on the Headers and Footers tab.
3. Now, you can start adding your header; when you want to stop editing, click outside the header.
Tip: If you want to place a jump online, click Enter.
How to place headers or footers in several Excel sheets?
You must follow these instructions if you want to put footers or headers on all spreadsheets. How to add header in Excel is one of the most straightforward functions that Excel has.
1. At the bottom of the spreadsheet, you can select the sheets you want to insert footer or header. While selecting them, press the Shift key.
2. Once you have selected the sheets, go to the toolbar and click Page layout.
3. When you open Page Layout, you will see in the bottom right corner Page Setup. Then click on Header and Footer.
4. If you want to customize the header, click Custom Header, make the changes you want and click OK.
5. Go back to Page Setup and click OK; the header or footer will automatically be added to all spreadsheets.
Q1. Can I insert different headers on each page?
A. The insert header in excel feature does not limit you from adding custom headers to different tabs of your spreadsheet. If desired, you can add different headers to the spreadsheet to label data properly.
Q2. How can I make headers appear on the first page only?
A. You can open your desired spreadsheet in excel can click on the “Page Layout” tab.Once you click on the “Header” section, you can choose the "Left section," "Center section," or "Right section" to remove the header from all pages except the first page.
Q3. Can I include a header on a specific column only?
A. You can Click and drag the cells of the column on top of which you want to show the header. Use the “Format Cells” feature by right-clicking on the cells you have selected in your spreadsheet. Click on the “Alignment” option
and click the“Merge Cells” button so all the cells are joined as one. alt=”merge cells in excel”
Q4. How can I remove a header from an Excel spreadsheet?
A. Find the “Page Layout” button in Excel after opening your spreadsheet.
Access the “Page Setup” dialog box and navigate to the “Header/Footer” option. Proceed by deleting the contents of the “Header” section so you can remove the header from your spreadsheet.
Customize Spreadsheets with WPS Office
The excel header row addition can help you in various ways and allow you to present your data the right way. If you have to create and edit spreadsheets on a regular basis, you should consider using WPS Office.
The best thing about WPS Office is that it provides all the features you can access in Microsoft Excel for free. With WPS Office, you can boost your productivity by creating documents, spreadsheets, slideshows, and PDFs in one platform.
WPS Office has a lot of additional features like OCR that can help you get the most out of your documents. You can use WPS Office on any leading operating system like Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, or iOS.