Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to Add Months in Excel Automatically? (2 Easiest Ways)
In excel we can easily add months using the EDATE function. This can be very useful for any company in their financial phases and modeling where they can easily adjust their time in actual periods. There are some steps by which we can add a month in excel.
FORMULA: ADD MONTHS IN EXCEL.
=EDATE(start date, number of months). This formula we use to add months to a spreadsheet.
Follow the steps below and find the procedure on your own.
1) First we have to start with the essentials and their elements.
2) Now we have to place the formula in the C3 of =TODAY(), by this you get today’s date.
3) After getting the current date we have to add months in C5 and after that imply the formula to get the result.
1:In this below example we added months in it to determine the result.
2: Now we place the EDATE formula in C7 to get the added month.
It is as easy as that, So, finally, with all these steps and processes we find how to add a month in excel.
How to Add Months to date in Excel
Using MONTH & Date Function
This Excel function is used when we need to take three separate values to merge them to form a date, this function is also used in companies to look after their monthly period.
There are a few steps to get to know how to add months to date in spreadsheets. Now for showing this method we have to consider some examples.
1) the First step is to follow some elements in it.
2) After this we have to place the formula of EDATE which can be useful to get the results.
3)After pressing Enter key the date will appear in E4 and after that, copy the formula up to the last E10 so all the dates will appear in their boxes.
By following all these steps we find how to add months to date in Excel using the month and date function. This is the easiest and most interesting way to evaluate it.
How to add years to date in Excel.
This is an interesting function to use in excel by companies and it can be helpful to workers to work up to date according to the given period. It also includes its formula to get how to add years in excel.
In this tutorial, you will find some formulas and the whole process to add years to date, here are the steps listed below.
1) Adding years to date is very similar to adding months in excel and here formula we use is DATE(YEAR(date) + N years, MONTH(date), DAY(date))
2) The Second step is to place the formula in B2 =DATE(YEAR(A2) + 5, MONTH(A2), DAY(A2))and place a value in a month to add C2, just I added +5 and it will show 5 years after 2011.
3) Congratulations you have successfully added years to date, now copy the formula up to B7 the whole years will appear in their boxes.
You can also find this feature in all the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find the right way to add a month in excel.
Did you learn about how to add months in Excel Spreadsheets? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
- 1. How to Add Months to Date in Excel Using Formula?
- 2. How to convert days into months in excel?
- 3. How to add months, week or year to a date in excel (The simplest way)
- 4. How to add times in excel automatically (Step-by-Step)
- 5. 2 Ways to Subtract Or Add Months, Years And Days To Date In Excel
- 6. How to add dates in excel automatically