How to calculate attrition in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Are you ready to master how to calculate attrition in excel? After learning this WPS free course, you will be advanced from a beginner in WPS Spreadsheet.
· What is attrition?
Attrition refers to the voluntary and involuntary reduction of a company's workforce during a period of time. Attrition rate is also known as employee turnover, which can reflect the percentage of outgoing employees.
Attrition Rate = No. of employees left/Closing Balance
Closing balance: Opening balance+Employees joined-Employee left.
Closing Balance means the number of employees at the end of each month.
Similarly, Opening Balance means the number of employees at the start of a month.
· Example to calculate attrition in WPS Presentation
Without further ado, let’s look at today's example.
Suppose we want to get the attrition rate of January, February and March in company A.
1. Click cell B7 where we want to calculate January’s attrition rate. Enter =B5/B6.
2. Hover over cell B7 and pull it to the right to cell D7. By doing so, we have copied the formulas in cell B7 to other cells, and the formula will change according to the position of the referenced cell.
The system will automatically help us calculate C5/C6, D5/D6 in cells C7 and D7 respectively.
3. To make the value in cell range B7:D7 displayed in percentage, select B7:D7, then go to the Home tab, and click Percent Style to achieve this.
In today's free WPS Office tutorial, we learned a simple yet useful way to calculate attrition rate in excel. WPS Spreadsheet, similar to Microsoft Excel,is avaliable for Windows, PC, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices.
Did you get it?
· To explore more about WPS Office:
Click here to know more about relative reference, absolute reference, and mixed reference.
WPS Office Spreadsheet is helpful for various fields of studies: mathematics, statistics, data science, engineering, finance, and such. Rich in functions paired with teaching procedures, WPS Office Spreadsheet definitely is a professional and reliable toolkit.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula