How to create and edit named ranges in Excel?
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
You can easily locate the cells or cell ranges and follow your spreadsheets with named ranges. Here are steps to create and edit named ranges.
lTo create a named range
1. Navigate to the Formulas tab and click on Name Manager, whose shortcut key is Ctrl+F3. In the pop-up box, click New to define a new named range. Then you can enter name for the range, set the scope (Workbook or Sheet), add comments and set the applied range of cells. For instance, enter Nov_Sales at Name and it refers to B2:B6. Click OK and the named range is created.
2. Alternatively, highlight the desired range of cells. In the Name Box, enter the desired name for the range, for example, Nov_Expenses, and press Enter. Now, the named range is defined and you can click on the Name Box and select the desired option to locate the range quickly.
lTo edit the named range
1. To edit the named range, click on the Name Manager button again, select the desired name and click Edit. In the pop-up dialog box, you can alter the details of the named range; for example, change the applied range from C2:C6 to C2:C5, and click OK.
2. If you want to delete the named range, select the desired one and click Delete>OK.
Anyway, WPS Office suite makes your work easy. Free download WPS Office for PC, Mobile, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS online.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences