Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to draw in Word
Welcome to the official WPS Academy. In this article, you will learn how we can draw in a word document in WPS Office.
How to draw in WPS Writer
Drawing is the use of lines, colors and other tools to draw graphics. In WPS Writer, you can use the Scribble feature to draw freely. You can also insert shapes into the document to enrich your image. This function is the same as the one in Microsoft Office Word.
Sometimes, in order to enrich your document, you may want to add some drawings to your word document.
How do we use Scribble for free drawing when editing a Word document in WPS Writer? Just 5 simple steps as following.
1. Open the Word document in WPS Writer. It can be an empty document or an article -- you can draw on the text if you want.
2. Get into the Insert tab → click Shapes.
3. In the Lines option section in the drop-down menu, select Scribble .
4. Move the mouse to start drawing on the Word page document.
5. Release the mouse to finish drawing.
A simple drawing operation is done!
How to edit your drawing
1. After you finish drawing, Double-click the shape you drew, the menu bar Drawing Tools will appear.
2. If you want to change the graphics style, in the Edit Shape, you can Change shape.
If you want to slightly adjust the graphic lines, you can choose Edit Point, and drag the point to adjust the drawing line.
3. How to add colors when drawing. Use Shape Fill to fill the shape with appropriate color.
Note：If you don't like this drawing, Right-click on it > Delete Obeject. Or you can use the keyboard shortcut to Delete.
Learn more advanced features of WPS Office Presentation: How to set Shape Effect in WPS Presentation.
Whether you're new to Word or need to speed quickly with Word, free WPS Writer training will give tips to apply immediately to your business work. Discover professional training in WPS Writer, you'll practice creating different types of documents by using Word.