How to get rid of page breaks in the WPS office
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
A page break is an invisible marker that splits one page in WPS from the next. Page breaks allow you to move to the next page before reaching the end of a page. You might use a page break if you're writing a paper that has a title page. Page breaks are vital for lengthy documents.
There are two main types of page breaks and a few other types.
Automatic page breaks in WPS:
Automatic page breaks in WPS are added by Word when you move from one page to the next.
Manual page breaks in WPS:
Manual page breaks in WPS can be added anywhere in the document by you to break the document and advance to the next page.
How to get rid of page breaks in WPS?
Getting rid of page breaks in WPS is not a problem, it doesn't matter whether you are using the WPS 2016, WPS 2019 or you have a mac or a Windows, whether you are online or offline the method of removing page breaks is the same.
Page breaks are inserted by special hidden formatting marks, so to easily find and remove them, first show formatting marks. Hence, follow the following steps.
1. Open your WPS word document
2. Click home tap > Click the Show/Hide button to display all non-printable hidden marks like page breaks, spaces, and non-breaking spaces in the WPS word document.
3. Double-click to select a page break.
4. You'll now be able to see the breaks. Next, click and drag your cursor over the section or page break to select it. The break will be highlighted in gray when selected
5. Press Delete to remove it.
6. You can now click the Show/Hide button again to hide the other formatting marks in the document.
7.Alternatively, instead of double-clicking, you can also place your cursor just before the page break marker and Delete.
How to delete Page Breaks in WPS manually?
One of the simplest ways of deleting page breaks in WPS is deleting them manually.
1. Put the cursor on a page break directly.
2. Use the Del key on the keyboard or select an area of the document containing one or more page breaks and use the Del key, or right-click on the document and select Cut.
How to remove page break in WPS word on mac?
Open the document on that contain a page breaks and that needs to be deleted on your mac.
1. Click the show/hide icon in the ribbon of home tap.
2. Page breaks are visible now.Move the cursor to highlight the breaks you need to delete.
3. Press delete from keyboard to delete the desired page break.
Removal of page breaks is a very powerful function to get rid of unwanted page breaks. This is very useful and this formatting mark enables text to flow smoothly from one page to the next. When you want to print the document, the printer uses the page break to know where the first page has ended and the second has begun. We are here to help and for more practice like this you can visit our WPS Academy.You should also download and use WPS office to edit Power point, PDF, Excel, and Word documents
Was this helpful?