Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to insert a row into excel
How to insert a row into excel? In Excel, you can insert rows above or below a selected row. If you're new to Excel, you may not be familiar with the different ways to add or insert individual rows, cells, or columns.
Currently, Excel is one of the most used Office programs in companies because it allows you to carry out more accurate and organized work. Therefore, you must know the simple and quick steps of how to insert a row into Excel to practice.
How to insert a row into Excel quickly?
Below you will see the correct way how to insert a row into excel:
1. You first need to open the Excel file you want to insert the row into.
2. There are some tabs in the bottom left corner of the worksheet. You need to select the sheet you want to insert the row. You must click on the row number on the left of the screen to select a row.
3. Right-click on the selected row and a context menu will appear. You must select Insert. A row will be inserted above the one you selected.
Why can't insert a row into excel?
Are you trying to insert a new row, and you get Microsoft Excel cannot insert new cells? Follow the next steps:
1. Go to the next clear row after the bottom of your actual data.
2. You need to click on the row number on the left to select the entire row.
3. Hold down the Control and Shift keys.
4. Then press the down arrow and repeat this until you see the last row in the worksheet.
5. On the Home ribbon, click on Erase.
6. Click Erase All from the options. Now, you can check if you can insert a new row.
How to insert a row or cell in Excel for Mac?
Do you want to learn how to insert a row into excel on a mac? It is very easy and fast. You have to perform the following steps:
1. Select the row header above where you want to add the additional rows.
2. Hold down the Control key, click the selected rows, and click Insert on the pop-up menu.
How to add a row in Excel between multiple rows of data?
Do you want to learn how to insert a row into excel between data quickly? Sometimes inserting a single blank row between data cells can be a pain. But if you know how to insert a row into Excel when there are existing rows, it will be very easy.
1. Right-click on a row number and select Insert from the resulting context menu.
2. You can also choose a row from the Insert menu.
With either of the two options, Excel will add a row above the selected row or cell. If you want to insert multiple rows, you must select multiple rows before pressing Insert.
Have you learned the correct way how to insert a row into Excel? If you want more information on this topic or the other functions of Excel, you can follow the WPS Academy. You will be able to learn new features, and you will also be able to download the WPS Office software to create and process documents in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- 1. How to make excel cells expand to fit text automatically in excel
- 2. How to Use Excel Formula IF Cell Contains Text in Excel
- 3. Best 10 excel dashboard examples in free excel 2022
- 4. 10 Excel Sales Templates to Help Your Business: How to Sell Excel Templates Online
- 5. How to make an excel file shared with multiple users in excel 2016
- 6. Malaysian excel payslip template: Find the user story template for Excel this year