Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to open autosave files in Excel
If you've ever had the misfortune of your computer crashing or losing power while you were working on an Excel file, you know how frustrating it can be to try and recover the work that you lost. If you are not aware that how excel open autosave files. If you've ever had this unfortunate experience, you also know how important it is to back up your work regularly.
Even if the file does not open automatically, there is a technique to retrieve your previous work, which is fortunate. In this article, we will demonstrate how excel open autosave files and retrieve any lost work that may have been saved in such files.
How Excel Open Autosave Files: First Technique?
You can use this method to retrieve a file that you were working on before WPS Excel crashed (or the machine crashed, or the power ran out). You are able to utilize this procedure for any files that you have already stored. You are able to access the file that was saved previously, but none of the edits that you made have been saved alongside it.
1. Open a pre-existing WPS Excel spreadsheet of your choice.
2. You will notice a document recovery bar as soon as it opens, which will ask if you want to recover the data or the modification you missed saving. Just click on view more backup option.
3. When you will click on the view more backup option it will open the local backup option now you have to click on the plus sign which will be on the left side of the file of your choice. After clicking the plus sign you will get more option of your file now you can open the latest file.
4. Once you recovered the modification now you can save the new file with save as option to save the file with changes.
How Excel Open Autosave Files: Second Technique?
Because the file you were working on was not saved, even if the WPS spreadsheet or your entire system crashes while you are working on something, you will still be able to retrieve the file you were working on because it was not saved.
1. Open a new WPS spreadsheet. Click on the menu, which will be on your upper left, right below the WPS office.
2. Now click on the backup and recovery option from the option bar, which will be open after clicking on the menu. And choose the auto backup option.
3. Now select the local backup from the window which will pop up following the auto back up. All of the documents you were working on are listed in the local backup window which are shown with numbers, and you can recover any of them
4.Once you recovered the document you missed to save, now you have to save it. Just click on the menu and go to the save as option so that you can save your document.
How Excel Open Autosave Files: Third Technique?
You can also recover your spreadsheet file in another way. You can just open the WPS office and you will get recent opened files. You can open the file you missed to save from here.
This article explains how excel Open Autosave Files to restore word that have been saved but have not been updated using WPS Excel. In order to learn more about the WPS office, please visit the WPS Academy website. To edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files, you may get a free download of WPS Office by clicking here.