How to use the data validation feature
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
We can greatly improve the accuracy of data entry in our work if we use the data validation feature of WPS Spreadsheet. Since this feature is quite complicated, we only briefly introduce some basic usages here. If you want to learn more, you may feel free to watch more related videos in our WPS Academy.
First, select the cell range where we want to fill data, and click the Data tab → the Validation button in the upper menu bar. At this time, the data validation box will pop up.
We can set the Validation Criteria in the Settings.
We can also choose the Style, Title and Error message in Error Alert. These will be the content of the warning message when invalid data is entered in the error warning area.
In this way, when we input invalid data, this feature will automaticallyremind us of the input errors, thereby improving the accuracy of the data entered.
This skill could be also used in Microsoft Office Excel and Openoffice.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Top 10 simple family tree template Excel free download