How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Welcome to WPS Official Academy! Are you ready to master how to the VLOOKUP function in WPS Office Excel? After reading this free tutorial, you will be advanced from the beginner in WPS Spreadsheet Excel.
lIntroduction to VLOOKUP function.
VLOOKUP, respresenting Vertical Lookup, is a function used to look up data that meets the query conditionsin a table organized vertically. This formula returnsa value from a different column in the same row.It can also be used to look up values across sheets.
It's syntax is as follows:
=VLOOKUP (lookup_value, table_array, column_index_num, [range_lookup])
It includes 4 components:
o Lookup_value: the value you want to look up
o Table_array: the range where to look up
o Col_index_num: the order of the column where the data to be filled locates in
o Range_lookup: optional, FALSE or 0 (for exact match) / TRUE or 1 (for approximate match)
o Vlookup function is only used for vertical data like this:
o The lookup values to search must be in the first column of Table_array, like Americano, Cappucino and Latte in the table above.
lSteps to apply VLOOKUP formula across sheets in WPS Spreadsheet
Take this worksheet as an example. In sheet 1, the data of product and price is given, while the data of sales amount are recorded in sheet 2. Assume that we need to look up the amount of Macchiato, and then we can follow the steps below.
1. Open the document in WPS Office. Click on the cell where you want to return the value. Click the shortcut Insert Function button, enter VLOOKUP in the pop-up dialog, and click OK.
2. In the pop-up dialog, enter B9 at Lookup_value, Sheet2!A2:B7 at Table_array, 2 at Col_index_num, and 0 at Range_lookup. In the formula,
o B9 is the value to search for;
o sheet 2!A2:B7 is the table from which to look up a value;
o 2 is the column number in the table from which to look up a value;
o 0 represents exact match.
And simply click OK to return the value.
3. Furthermore, if you want to look up more values with the same formula, enter $ in corresponding places to lock the selected lookup range, so that we can drag the fill handle (+) to run the Auto Fill function without returning errors.
Thus, the formula is as follows:
lWhat is WPS Spreadsheet?
WPS Spreadsheet is one module among WPS Office suite, which is the best alternative to Software office. WPS Spreadsheet contains more than 100 built-in formulas, pivot tables and more, including advanced animation, slide transitions, and support for video, images, audio and even Flash.
lLearn more about LOOKUP formulas in Excel
To master more LOOKUP functions in Excel, you can visit WPS Academy for more free tutorials:
Excel is the most powerful tool to manage and analyze various types of Data. This free WPS Spreadsheet tutorial for beginners covers in-depth lessons for Excel learning and how to use various Excel formulas, tables and charts for managing small to large scale business process.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 3. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 4. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 5. How to insert a check box in WPS Spreadsheet
- 6. How to change date format in a cell