How to use VLOOKUP to find specific data
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Do you need to find specific data in a large excel spreadsheet? If so, then you can use the VLOOKUP function to do just that. The VLOOKUP function is one of the most useful functions in excel, and it can be used to find data in any table or matrix. In this article, we will show you excel how to use VLOOKUP function to find specific data in an excel spreadsheet. We will also provide a few tips for using this function effectively.
The VLOOKUP function is a powerful tool that can be used to find data in any table or matrix. This function is particularly useful for finding data in large excel spreadsheets. The VLOOKUP function can be used to find data in any column, and it can also be used to find data in any row. Once you read this piece of writing you will be able to use excel how to use VLOOKUP function.
How to Use VLOOKUP: EXAMPLE
The VLOOKUP function is used to find data in a table or matrix. The function takes two arguments: the value to be looked up, and the column in which the value is located. The function returns the value of the cell in the column that contains the value to be looked up.
Here is an example of how the VLOOKUP function can be used to find data in an excel spreadsheet:
1. Suppose we have a table of data that includes the names of countries, their populations, and their GDPs. We want to use the VLOOKUP function to find the Population of each country. The picture is shown below:
2. To find the Population of each country, we will use the VLOOKUP function as follows:
This function will look up the value in cell A3 (China), and return the value in column B of the table (Population).
How to use VLOOKUP function?
1. Select the cell within which you would like the VLOOKUP formula to be calculated by clicking on it.
2. Select Formulas from the menu that appears at the top of the screen. Go to the lookup and reference and then choose VLOOKUP.
3. Now you have to put input according to the demand of each cell. Look value is as we want to know the Population of China so lookup value is A3 AND table select the whole data you want to search and then select the column num in which the data you want lie as Population is in number 2 column and click ok.
4. As you click ok the result is ready.
How to Use VLOOKUP function: Practical Application
Not only can you use VLOOKUP to search for specific values, but you can also use it to combine two spreadsheets into a single document. If you have a worksheet with names and phone numbers and another sheet with names and email addresses, for instance, you can use the VLOOKUP function to insert the email addresses next to the names and phone numbers on the worksheet with the names and phone numbers.
After reading this article about excel how to use VLOOKUP. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comments area below. If you want more information about the WPS office, you may receive it by heading to the website for the WPS Academy. WPS Office, which is available for free download from this page, allows you to edit documents in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF formats. To use WPS Office, download on the links provided.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to add fonts in WPS Office word
- 2. How to delete a blank page in WPS Writer Word?
- 3. How to insert a checkbox in word document on Mac or Windows
- 4. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 5. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences