The COUNTA function in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In WPS Spreadsheet, the COUNTA function can help us count the amount of cells left non-empty.
· The COUNTA function:
=COUNTA(value1, [value2], ...)
· Use the COUNTA function for total attendance:
In the following example, we use the COUNTA function to calculate total attendance.
1. Enter the formula =COUNTA(C5:C11)
2. Press Enter to get the result.
As we can see, since 4 cells in total are filled with '√', the result is '4',with the empty cells skipped.
Use the COUNTA function for total attendance
· Other practices with the COUNTA function:
The COUNTA function count the non-empty cells amount, no matter the cell is filled with text, figures, data and time, a space( ), #VALUE! error, etc.
If you want to count the cells that fulfill a certain or multiple conditions, please use the COUNTIF function or the COUNTIFS function.
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)