The SIN Function in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
The SIN function can be used to calculate the sine of a certain angle.
The argument “number” is any numeric expression that expresses an angle in radians. (“PI” radian corresponds to 180 degrees.)
For example, we want to calculate the sine of an angle, which is 30 degrees. So we need to enter the corresponding radians: PI/6.
1. Click the Formulas tab > Insert Function. Enter “SIN” in the dialog and select it.
2. In the pop-up dialog, enter an angle in radians in the Number area, and click OK.
In some cases, we only know the degree of an angle, such as 30 degrees, but do not know how to work out its redians.
To convert degrees to radians, we can multiply degrees by “PI()/180”.
In this example, we can enter “30*PI()/180” in the number area. Then we get the same result 0.5.
We can get the same results in these two ways. Give it a try!
For all, easy your work with WPS office suite. Free download WPS Office for PC, Mobile, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS online.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula