The SUMIF function in Excel
The SUMIF function is used to sum several cells based on a specified condition. Take this sales table as an example. We want to sum the sales of Beijing.
1. Click the cell where you want to insert the total sales, click Formulas > Insert Function to get a dialog.
2. Enter SUMIF in the Search for a function text box and click OK to pop up another dialog.
3. Click the select icon in Range area, and then select the cell range which contains the condition. Here we select the cells A2:A10.
4. Click the select icon in Criteria area, and select the condition you want. Here we can select the cell A2.
5. Click the select icon in Sum_range area, and select the cell range which contains the sales. Here we select the cells E2:E10. Then click OK.
WPS office software could be compatible with Microsoft Office, and these training contents help students or home workers finish their work efficiently.