Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
Add leading zeroes in excel to certain length
It is time to learn how to add leading zeroes in Excel using simple and safe methods. If you want to train professionally in using Excel, it is only fair that you learn to use the essential tools. When you use leading zeros in Excel, you will have a more accurate calculation in case you are dedicated to company entries.
Adding leading zeroes in excel is very easy; you will understand it by looking at three effective methods. At the end of the guide, you will learn how to add leading zeroes in excel online in less than five minutes, making you stand out at work.
How to add leading zeros in Excel by converting the format to text?
The first method to apply for add leading zeroes in excel 2019 is by converting the format to text. You should apply this method when you have a small numerical data set and intend to do the calculation manually. To be successful in this method, you will have to:
1. Open the Excel document where you have the data to calculate with leading zeros.
2. You must go to the home tab and select text in the numbers group.
3. Finally, place as many leading zeros as possible without Excel stopping you.
How to add leading zeros in Excel using the custom number format?
If you want to add leading zeroes in excel 2016, you could try using the custom number format. On this occasion, you must:
1. Open the Excel document and select the cells you want to modify.
2. Now go to the start tab and click on the numbers launcher, the arrow that remains in the lower right corner of the box. The format cells box will automatically open.
3. Within the format cells box, you will have to position the mouse cursor on number and click on custom within the available categories.
4. In the type field, you will have to put 00000 and click on ok.
How to add leading zeros in Excel with the TEXT function?
Another way to add leading zeroes in Excel is by using the text function in the document. However, you should apply this method when you want the cell marked 1 to end in 001. To add leading zeroes in excel Mac or Windows using the TEXT function, you should do the following:
1. Select the cells you want to add leading zeros to.
2. Go to the function box and enter the following formula =TEXT(A2, 00000). You should know that the cell number varies depending on your choice. On the other hand, it is essential to remember that it does not matter if you put the text format in lowercase letters.
3. Now press control + enter for the formula to be applied.
It may have become easy to learn how to add leading zeroes in Excel after applying the method you liked the most. However, you should keep each procedure in mind to use it at the right time. It is good that you look for more information about it and thus solve your doubts on the subject.
For you to have more details on how to add leading zeroes in Excel, it is good that you go to websites dedicated to sharing this type of information. These websites will help you understand all the tools available in Excel. They are also servers that will allow you to download WPS Office free.