Collapse or expand rows or columns in a sheet
November 8, 2021
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
We can group the rows or columns to collapse or expand parts of the details. The following screenshots compare a worksheet before and after grouping data.
Before grouping data
Group data to collapse or expand columns
Here are the steps to group the data.
1. Select the rows or columns to be grouped.
2. Go to the Data tab → click Group.
Steps to group data
You can also further group the data following the previous steps. Here is an example to further group the data.
Further group the data
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences