Compare two excel files for differences in WPS Office Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Welcome to WPS Official Academy to check the contents of compare two excel files for differences in WPS Office Excel.
We often need to compare the data from two different excel files, but it would be troublesome to compare each item one by one with naked eyes. So how can we compare two excel files for differences in a quick and easy way?
Let’s have a try step by step.
Here we take two tables of employees performance appraisal for example. We can find the two tables are inconsistent with the name order and appraisal results.
Now we want to know if there was a change in employees’ performance in January and February by comparing these two excel files.
· Display two files side by side
Open the sheets that we need to compare. It’s troublesome to switch between two files, so we can display them side by side.
There are two methods.
Navigate to the View tab and click the Arrange All drop-down button. There are three options for selection.
Horizontal Text Box: to display two files horizontally
Vertical Text Box: to display two files vertically
Cascade: to cascade to files in one screen
In this way, you can only slide these two files respectively.
Navigate to the View tab and click View Side by Side.
In this way, your can check Sychronous Scrolling on the right of the View Side by Side button to scroll the two sheets at the same time or uncheck it as needed. You can also click Reset Position to reset it quickly.
· Find the differences between two files
Come to either of these two files, and here we come to the January file.
1. Head to the Data tab, click the Manage Duplicates drop-down button and click Highlight unique values.
2. In the pop-up dialog, select Two worksheets, click Add files to add the other file. Here we add the February file. Then check these two sheets.
3. In the Comparison Type area, we can choose Whole Line Comparison and Compare Cells in Same Position.
Whole Line Comparison: to compare by row
Compare Cells in Same Position: to compare by cell
In this example, we choose Whole Line Comparison.
4. Choose a color for highlight and click Confirm to mark.
With these steps, you are able to compare two excel files for differences quickly and freely. Did you get it?
· Terms Explanation
1. What is Manage Duplicates in WPS Spreadsheet?
The Manage Duplicates function is to quickly highlight or fetch duplicates or unique values. With this function, we can avoid comparing data or fetch needed data with naked eyes, which greatly improve our work efficiency.
2. What is WPS Spreadsheet?
WPS Spreadsheet is a module of WPS Office(an acronym for Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheet). WPS Spreadsheet is consistent with Excel document, which helps users to work with high efficiency. Its personal basic version is free to use and it also provides abundant functions and unique features for you to explore.
Learn more advanced skills about comparison in WPS Spreadsheet:
The Camera in WPS Spreadsheet | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
How to compare two excel sheets side by side| WPS Academy Free Office Courses
In free WPS Office tutorial, we are going to compare two excel files for differences in Excel. Above are the easy and professional steps to create chart in WPS Spreadsheet, similar to Microsoft Office and are available for Windows, PC, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. How to use the VLOOKUP function across multiple sheets in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. Top 10 simple family tree template Excel free download