Compare two sheets for differences in WPS Office Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Are you ready to master how to find differences between two sheets in WPS Office Excel? After learning this WPS free tutorial, you will be advanced from a beginner in WPS Spreadsheet.
Sometimes we need to compare two worksheets and find out the differences between them but you’ll feel dizzy to compare each item one by one. At this point, the View Side by Side and Manage Duplicates function can help a lot.
Let’s have a try step by step.
Here we take two performance appraisal sheets (January and February)for example. These two sheets are inconsistent in the name order and appraisal results.
Now we need to find out the differences between these two sheets to know the differences in their performance in these two months.
· View side by side
For convenience, we want to view these two sheets side by side.
1. Head to the View tab > New Window > View Side by Side.
2. Then the two sheets are arranged side by side and we can check them respectively.
Note that the new window is linked to the original window, which means when you edit one of them, the other will be edited synchronously. When you finished comparison, you can close either of them.
· Highlight unique values
1. Navigate to the Data tab > Manage Duplicates > Highlight unique values. Then the Mark unique data dialog pops up.
2. Click Two worksheets, and check the worksheets that you need to compare. (You can also compare sheets from different workbooks by clicking Add files.)
In this example, we check January and February.
3. In the Comparison Typp drop-down list, there are two options: Whole Line Comparison and Compare Cells in Same Position.
Whole Line Comparison: to take a row as one unit for comparison
Compare Cells in Same Position: to take a cell as one unit for comparison
In this example, we need to choose Whole Line Comparison.
4. Choose a color for highlight and click Confirm to mark.
Then the different rows are highlighted with the color we chose. With these steps, we are able to find and compare differences between two sheets quickly and freely. Did you get it?
· Terms Explanation
1. What is Manage Duplicates?
The Manage Duplicates function is to quickly highlight or fetch duplicates or unique values. With this function, we can avoid comparing data or fetching needed data with naked eyes, which greatly improve our work efficiency.
2. What is WPS Spreadsheet?
WPS Spreadsheet is a module of WPS Office(an acronym for Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheet). WPS Spreadsheet is consistent with Excel document, which helps users to work with high efficiency. Its personal basic version is free to use and it also provides abundant functions and unique features for you to explore.
Learn more advanced skills about comparison in WPS Spreadsheet:
Find free Excel help and learning resources in WPS tutorials. WPS Spreadsheet tutorials for beginners cover lessons for Excel learning and how to use various Excel formulas, tables and charts for managing your school, work and family business process.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula