Easy steps to combine names in WPS Office Excel
This free tutorial offered by WPS Official Academy is going to guide you through the easy steps to combine names in WPS Office Excel in a detailed way. You are sure to master this must-have office technique in 5 minutes. Let's get started now!
We may sometimes import a table in which the first names and last names are separated into two columns. At this time, we can consider the CONCATENATE function built in WPS system as a solution to combine them.
l What is the CONCATENATE function in WPS Office Excel?
The CONCATENATE function is used to combine values in different cells and returns the result as text with delimiter in one single cell.
=CONCATENATE(text1, [text2], ...)
text1-[required] The first text value to combine.
text2- [optional] The second text value to combine.
Ø Usage Notes
The CONCATENATE function can join up 30 values at most, and the values are combined in the order they appear.
l Steps to combine names in WPS Office Excel
1. Open the excel document in WPS Office.
2. Select cell D2, and click the Insert Function button.
3. In the pop-up dialog, enter CONCATENATE in the search box, and select it.
4. In the Function Arguments dialog, input A2 at Text1 and B2 at Text2, and click OK. Now we can see there is no space between two components of the full name.
5. To add a space, add the argument (two double quotes around a space) in the formula.
6. Finally, drag the fill handle to apply the same function to other cells.
Until now, we have gone through the 6 steps to combine names in WPS Office Excel. What's more, WPS Academy has updated abundant free tutorials almost covering all often used functions in Excel. You're welcome to check them on our official site via the following links.
Excel is the most powerful tool to manage and analyze various types of Data. This free WPS Spreadsheet tutorial for beginners covers in-depth lessons for Excel learning and how to use various Excel formulas, tables and charts for managing small to large scale business process.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to insert a background image and print it out in WPS Spreadsheet
- 2. How to use the page break preview feature
- 3. How to show ruler in WPS Writer
- 4. Get to Know the PDF Print Interface
- 5. Multiple methods of merging cells
- 6. How can we change the spacing before and after a paragraph in WPS Writer