Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to copy file names into excel of WPS office
It's possible that you'll want a list of file names to be stored in a more convenient area, such as WPS excel or a text file. It is in this format because it is possible that you may wish to share this information with someone else or take a printout of this information at some point. It will be more efficient for you to copy file names into Excel than manually entering them. However, it seems that you were not able to grasp the concept of how to copy file names into excel using WPS office.
I'm going to show you how to swiftly copy file names into Excel in just a few easy steps in this short post that I've written for you. This quick and easy example will assist in finding a solution to your issue.
How to copy file names into excel of WPS office?
1.Open the WPS office excel.
2. When WPS Office Excel is open, navigate to the folder where you want to copy file names into excel and select all files.
3. After selecting all files, hold the shift key and then right click on the mouse and select the copy as path option from the window that opens after right click.
4. Now again, go to the WPS office excel, which is already open, and paste the file names into the excel.
How to remove folder path once you copy file names into excel of WPS excel?
Once you paste the file name into excel, you have the file name in excel.
But there is a problem; the folder name or the folder path is also there with file names.
The following is the process to remove the folder name or folder path from the file names.
1. Copy one folder name or the folder path from the file names because the folder name is the same in all file names.
2. Once you copy the folder name or folder path, click on the find and replace option on the upper right side of WPS office Excel and choose the replace option from the open up options.
3. After choosing the replace option, you will get the pop-up window. Paste the folder name which you have copied already in the find what box and add nothing to replace with the box and hit the replace all option.
4. When you hit the replace all option, the folder name from all file names will be removed and you will get a window asking for OK and telling you that WPS office excel replaced all. Now hit ok and close the replace window and enjoy the file name only.
How to copy file names into excel of WPS office instead of complete file?
It is very simple. Instead of just clicking right on the mouse and selecting the copy option, hold the shift key and then right click on the mouse. You will get the copy as path option in the options window. Then select copy as path. In this way, you will only copy the file name instead of the complete file.
How to copy file names into excel of WPS office from sub folder?
If you want to copy file names into excel from the sub folder as well, it is very simple to copy file names into excel according to the above-mentioned method, first from the sub folder and then from the main folder, leaving the subfolder this time.
In a straightforward and step-by-step fashion, this article explains how to copy file names into Excel spreadsheet. In order to learn more about the WPS office, please visit the WPS Academy website. To edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files, you may also get WPS Office, a free download, from this page.
- 1. File formats: what are the file types supported by excel
- 2. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder? (3 Easy Methods)
- 3. How to Make a Copy of an Excel File or Sheet
- 4. How to convert text file into excel file in Windows 10
- 5. How to export a PPT file to a PDF file
- 6. How to embed file in excel of WPS office