How to make fundamental analysis of stocks with a K-line chart in WPS Office Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Welcome to WPS Official Academy to check the contents of how to make fundamental analysis of stocks in excel. The most effective way to make fundamental analysis of stocks is to create a K-line chart, also called the candlestick chart.
Take this AMZN Stock as an example. Here is the stock data within a month, and we need to create a K-line chart with this data.
· Step 1: Create a K-line chart to make the fundamental analysis of stocks
1. Select the cell range A2:E24, which contains the four elements: close price, open price, high price, and low price.
Note that if you select more cells or fewer cells, an error box will pop up to prompt you.
2. Click the Insert tab, click the Stock drop-down button, and select Open-High-Low-Close.
· Step 2: Modify the values in the K-line chart for fundamental analysis of stocks
1. Double-click the y-axis of the chart to pop up a pane on the right, click AXIS.
2. In the AXIS OPTIONS area, change the value at Minimum to 2600 to narrow down the range of ordinate values to make the K-line clearer.
2. Elongate the chart, and the stock closing days are also displayed.
3. Double-click the x-axis and select Text axis in the Axis Type. Then the date of the horizontal axis will be displayed according to the table data.
· Step 3: Beautify the K-line chart for fundamental analysis of stocks
1. Select the black body in the K-line chart, click the FILL&LINE button, and select red at Color to represent the stock declines.
2. Then select the white body and select green at Color to represent the stock gains.
3. Click the background of the whole chart to change a dark color, and we select dark grey at Color.
Now the text, upper shadows, and lower shadows are not clear against the dark background, so we need to change their color to white.
4. Select the chart, click the Text Tools tab, and choose white at Text Fill. Then we change the color of all text to white.
5. Select the upper and lower shadows in the chart and choose white at Color.
6. To delete the lines in the chart, click these lines and select No Line in the Line area.
7. Add the title to the K-line chart and adjust its position.
With these steps, you are able to make the fundamental analysis of stocks with a K-line chart quickly and freely. Did you get it?
Learn more advanced skills about fundamental analysis of stocks in WPS Academy:
The most useful Microsoft Excel skills can be free to learn in WPS Academy. There's no denying the fact that charts make our work easier and if you're a Excel user, you can refer to WPS Spreadsheet guide to learn some of the major skills. WPS Academy provides some of the most important Microsoft Excel skills for Windows, PC, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices to make your work easier.
Was this helpful?