Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to add a filter in excel (A Complete Guide)
If you want to sort and organize your spreadsheets, you must learn how to add a filter in excel. With an Excel filter, you can also reduce the amount of data you display in your spreadsheets in several ways.
You'll be able to filter data based on values in a specific section, such as a column or your entire spreadsheet. If you want to know more about how to add a filter in excel, below you will find all the information you need to carry out the process.
How to add a filter in excel or Filter a range of data in Windows?
When you want to learn how to add a filter in excel 2016, you first need to use headers so you can organize your columns. This way, you can select the columns on which you want to add the filter.
To filter a range of data, you will need to follow these steps:
1. You first must select any cell within the range and then select Data > Filter.
2. Next, you will need to select the column header arrow. To continue the process, you will need to select Text Filters or Numeric Filters and then select a comparison, such as Between.
3. Now, you can enter the filter criteria and select OK.
Completing these steps will allow you to filter your worksheets; it will also allow you to reorder your worksheets based on the numerical order of the values in a specific column.
How to add a filter in excel or Filter data in a table?
When you put your data into a table, filter controls are automatically added to the table headers. If you want to learn how to add a filter in excel mac or filter data in a table, you will need to follow these simple steps:
1. Select the column header arrow for the column you want to filter on. Then you need to uncheck (Select All) and select the checkboxes you want to display.
2. To continue, you will need to click OK.
You'll see the column header arrow change to a filter icon. You will need to select this icon before changing or deleting the filter.
By following these steps, you can tidy up and give your worksheets a more professional look. You can also undo the filter if you want to see all the values in a spreadsheet.
How to add a filter in excel for a column?
The process of how to add a filter in excel 2019 is straightforward and fast. Here are the steps to filter data in Excel for a column:
1. You first need to select the column you want to filter by clicking on the corresponding letter at the top.
2. Then, you will need to click on Data on the top toolbar. Next, you must click on Filter on the top toolbar. You will see an arrow at the top of the column.
3. To continue with the process of how to add a filter in excel online, you will need to click on the arrow at the top of the column. It will show the Filters pop-up window. Then click Numeric Filters, and a more detailed pop-up window will appear. Click the setting you want to filter by and click OK. In this example, the sheet will be filtered for data greater than 5,000.
Note that with these steps, you will only display data along with the parameters you choose, based on that column. It will only show rows where that column meets the established or chosen parameters. However, you can include data from other columns that are not within those parameters.
Have you been able to learn how to add a filter in excel? By following any of these options, you can filter relevant data within your spreadsheet correctly. They are simple and easy steps that anyone can do.
Also, it will let you download WPS Office to create, edit and process your PowerPoint, Word, and Excel documents for free and enhance your working experience.
- 1. How to filter blanks or non-blanks with one click
- 2. How to add filter to column in excel (Step-by-Step)
- 3. Five must-have filter skills using keyboard in WPS Office Excel
- 4. How to use Slicers to filter pivot tables in Excel
- 5. How to cancel filter in WPS Spreadsheet
- 6. How to Use Advanced Filter in Excel With Multiple Criteria