Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to add a trendline in excel chart online
Adding a trendline to your chart helps your viewers visualise the data and comprehend it better. In Excel, you may not only add a trendline to an existing chart, but you can also format it.
Add a trendline to your chart in excel online, 2016 and 2019
To begin, open Excel and pick the chart to which you want to add a trendline. If you don't already have a chart, you may make one by selecting a chart type from the Charts group of the Insert tab after highlighting the cells holding the data. Make sure you select the appropriate chart for your data.
1. After selecting the chart with a click, click the Plus icon to the right of the chart.
2. Check the box next to Trendline in the Chart Elements option that opens. The trendline will display on your chart after it has been validated.
3. By default, the Linear trendline is included. Hover your mouse over Trendline, click the right arrow that appears, and then pick a trendline style from the sub-menu. If the style you desire isn't in the sub-menu, pick More Options to see the other options.
4. After you've added the trendline to your chart, you may format it to match the rest of the spreadsheet's style.
How to format your trendline in excel
1. Select the chart, then click the Plus button, hover your mouse over Trendline and click the right arrow, then click More Options.
2. To the right of the Excel window, the Format Trendline pane will appear. The Fill & Line tab is the first tab in the Format Trendline pane (paint bucket icon). This is where you may change the colour, transparency, width, and other properties of your trendline's line, such as making it a solid or gradient line and changing the line's colour, transparency, and width.
3. The Effects tab (pentagon icon) allows you to apply special effects to your line, such as a shadow, glow, or soft edges.
4. The Trendline Options tab is the final tab (bar graph icon). This is where you may select the sort of trendline you want, as well as any extra styles that were not available in the previous sub-menu.
5. You may also specify a Forecast here, which defines how far past the present data the trendline will run. If you set the Forward forecast option to 1, for example.
6. The trendline will then move one period past the chart's previous data point.
7. You may also configure the intercept as follows:]
8. Display the Equation and R-squared value of the trendline on the chart:
This article was an attempt to show how to add a trendline in excel in windows version 2016, 2019, on Mac and Windows, both. With having this basic knowledge of using spreadsheet, you can use these programs easily, you just need to have some practice and patience as well.
You just need to have a little understanding of how and which way things work and you are good to go. With having this basic knowledge or information of how to use it, you can also access and use different other options on excel or spreadsheet. Also, it is very similar to Word or Document. So, in a way, if you learn one thing, like Excel, you can automatically learn how to use Word as well because both of them are very similar in so many ways. If you want to know more about WPS Office, you can download WPS Office to access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint for free.
- 1. How to add trendline in excel line graph
- 2. How to add vertical line to excel chart in excel graph
- 3. Create a professional org chart using the org chart Excel template
- 4. How to Add Trendline in Excel on Mac
- 5. How to insert a line chart in a column chart?
- 6. How to add trendline in excel online