How to compare two columns in WPS Office Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Are you feeling dizzy faced with a table that contains mass data? It would be quite a strain having to compare two columns of data with the naked eye. Luckily, you’ve discovered a practical tutorial on how to compare two columns in WPS Office Excel. Read the following content that relieves the monotony of your work!
There are many methods to compare two columns in WPS Office. In this tutorial, we take the Conditional Formatting function as an example.
· Steps to compare two columns in WPS Office Excel.
Here we have a table of performance and suppose we want to compare the employees’ performance in these two months to find whether they made progress in February.
1. Select the cell range to format according to specified conditional rules.
2. Head to the Home tab > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Greater Than.
3. Input the cell range to refer to. We need to format the cells in column E if they are greater than those in column D, so we select “$D$3” and change it to “$D3”.
(The symbol “$” means absolute reference, and “$D3” means the referenced row will change with the source cells while the referenced column is fixed.)
4. Then set the format for the cells that meet the conditional rules.
5. Click OK. Now you can easily find those employees who made progress in February.
In addition to Conditional Formatting, we can also use other functions to compare two columns in WPS Office Excel. Click the following links to learn more comparing skills:
WPS Spreadsheet is a powerful chart and form processor. In WPS Academy, you can learn not only how to use Spreadsheet to sort out data but also how to corporate numeric information into graphs. By watching the step-by-step tutorials on WPS Academy, you will become a spreadsheet expert soon.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula