How to extract text between two characters in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Nowadays excel plays a vital role in every financial need and performs its functions in every manner. It makes work easy for individuals to work properly and smartly. Furthermore, it also saves a lot of time. There is also a function in excel which is known as, How to extract text between two characters in Excel. This function can be performed in a spreadsheet through various methods.
First, we use MID, LEFT, and FIND functions and its formula to find extract text between two characters.
NOTE: But to imply this method we have to follow some steps, given below.
1) Our first step is to make data in a spreadsheet which contains the reference and client code like this.
2) Now our second step is to imply formula of MID,LEFT and FIND function in the bottom of client code, and the formula which we use here is: =LEFT(MID(B5,FIND(/,B5)+1,LEN(B5)),FIND(/,MID(B5,FIND(/,B5)+1,LEN(B5)))-1)
3) Our third step is to press enter key so our answer will appear automatically in C5 like this.
4) The fourth step here is to copy this formula up to C9 and all the answers of extract text between two characters will appear in their box.
Congratulation you successfully extract text between two characters easily by following all these steps.
How to extract text between two characters using SUBSTITUTE, MID, and REPT Function.
This is the second function to extract text between two characters in excel. To perform this function, we again need to follow some steps and methods.
1) First we make a date base the same as above and will perform the formula in it.
2) Our second step is to imply the formula, here we are using the SUBSTITUTE, MID, and REMPT function, so the formula is: =SUBSTITUTE(MID(SUBSTITUTE(/&B5&REPT( ,6),/,REPT(,,255)),2*255,255),,,)
3) After placing a formula, press enter so the extract text between two characters will appear on the C5 box, and you can easily copy the formula in all the boxes so all the extract text between two characters will appear in their respective boxes.
Congratulations, you again successfully find how to extract text between two characters by following all these steps without any hassle.
How to extract text between two characters using MID and SEARCH Function.
This is the third step by which we can find extract text between two characters easily and this method can perform through MID and SEARCH functions. To perform this method we need to perform some steps and follow the requirements.
1) Our first step is to make a database in a spreadsheet related to the example like reference and client code in which there is a text between two characters like this.
2) Our second step here is to place formula in the bottom of Client code. Here we are using MID and SEARCH function to find extract text between two characters. So we will use this formula. =MID(B5, SEARCH(/,B5) + 1, SEARCH(/,B5,SEARCH(/,B5)+1) - SEARCH(/,B5) - 1)
3) This is our third and last step, We have to press enter after placing a formula in C5, so automatically text between two characters will appear, and after that copy the formula up to C9 where all your text will appear in their boxes of client code. Like this.
Congratulations, you again find how to extract text between two characters easily with another method and function of MID and SEARCH.
You can also find this feature in the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find the right way to find how to extract text between two characters in excel.
Did you learn about how to extract text between two characters in Excel Spreadsheets? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences