How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
1. Use WPS Office to open the spreadsheet, and click the drop-down button of Menu in the upper left corner.
2. Choose Data → Import External Data → Import Data, and click OK in the popup window.
3. In the Step 1: Select data source interface, click Open data file directly, and Select Data Source..., then we can choose the file as needed.
4. In the File Conversion interface, we can select the encoding that makes our document readable. There are two options of Text encoding, one is Windows (Default), the other is Other encoding. We choose Windows (Default) here.
5. In the Text Import Wizard-Step 1 of 3 interface, we can choose the file type, such as Delimited or Fixed width, which best describes our data. We choose Fixed width here, and click Next>.
6. In the Text Import Wizard-Step 2 of 3 interface, we can make the relevant settings according to the previous operation and preview the data. Then, we can click Next> to enter into the next step.
7. In the Text Import Wizard-Step 3 of 3 interface, we can set up Column data format and Destination. In the Column data format box, we click General by default. In the Destination box, we can select the cell in the sheet to set the location of the data.
8. Click Finish. Then we can import external data in WPS Spreadsheet.
To be office excel advanced, you could learn how to use WPS Office Spreadsheet online in WPS Academy.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula