How to insert hyperlink in word
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
There are many ways to make a document, depending on the tools used and the added elements. Every document should have links, but you must know how to insert hyperlink in Word to use them.
Once you understand how to insert hyperlink in Word, you can use them in various ways in the same Word document. By integrating these elements, you can make your document readable, organized, and functional.
How to insert hyperlink in word document？
You can use many options for inserting hyperlinks in Word documents, but these ways are often very complicated. Learn how to insert hyperlink in Word in the most appropriate way by following these instructions.
1. Start your Word file.
2. Select the item you want to link to.
3. Select the Insert tab on the top options bar.
4. Go to the Hyperlink option, located in the Link options. A menu of links will be displayed.
5. In the link menu, choose Existing file or web page. Navigate to the file explorer to select the item you want to link. If not, use the address bar to enter the address of the link you want to add. Once this is done, the selected text or element will be marked as a link in the document.
How to insert hyperlink in word shortcut?
To know how to insert hyperlink in Word by using system shortcuts, you can shorten the time needed to create a link. That is why the shortcuts for knowing how to insert hyperlink in Word are very important, and here you will understand how to use them.
1. The first step you must follow is to open the Word document.
2. Following this, you can use the keyboard shortcuts to enter the links menu by pressing CTRL, ALT, and K keys simultaneously. If you want to enter this menu without using the keyboard, you can also do it with the cursor.
3. Select a text or element you want to link and press the Left Mouse Button. A small menu will be displayed with multiple options.
4. Press the Hyperlink option, and you will automatically be in the links menu.
How to insert hyperlink in word on mac?
When you use a Mac, the way you normally use elements in Word is often different from how they are found in Microsoft's operating system. This highlights the importance of knowing how to insert hyperlink in Word on both systems.
1. Once you have the document started, proceed to select the text or element for the hyperlink.
2. Proceed to select the Insert a Link option in the Options menu. You will need to enter enough data for the type of link you want to add.
3. Enter the address of the item you want to link. The text or element will already be linked using a hyperlink.
Knowing how to insert hyperlink in word online can differentiate between a good article and a useless article. This is why you must have a wide variety of options available to edit your file the way you want, and this can be possible thanks to the WPS office.
WPS Office is the official partner of the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics. Use the free software they put at your complete disposal and create the best Word, Excel, and Powerpoint documents.