Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to insert page numbers to a header or footer in word documents
In everyday use of Word, we often need to add page numbers to a header or footer in word documents. Page numbers help identify the order and the total number of pages. It is convenient for users to insert page numbers in Microsoft Office and WPS Office Writer. This article will introduce to you how to insert page numbers to a header or footer in word documents.
l How to insert page numbers to a header or footer in WPS Office Writer?
1. Head to the Insert tab to click the Page Number drop-down button.
2. Then you can choose the following page number formats to insert page numbers into headers or footers in word.
l How to delete page numbers for all pages at once in WPS Office Writer?
1. Go to the Insert tab and click the Page number drop-down button.
2. Click the Delete Page Num button to delete page numbers for all pages at once.
l How to add last name with page numbers in WPS Office Writer?
1. Double click the page number and select the page number to enter last name next to the page number.
l How to start page numbering from a specific page?
1. Double click the headers or footers.
2. Then, you can click the Insert Page number drop-down button.
3. Click the From current page button to set the page to start page numbering from a specific page.
Have you learned about how to insert page numbers to a header or footer in word documents? If you want to know more about WPS Office, you can download WPS Office software to process documents or others in Word, Excel and PowerPoint for free.
- 1. How to delete header/footer?
- 2. How to Delete Extra Page in Word 2016 with Header and Footer?
- 3. How to insert a header and footer in a document
- 4. How To Remove Header And Footer In WPS Office (Easy & Quick)
- 5. Set Header/Footer at Page Setup in excel
- 6. How to insert header and footer in Excel？