How to make a food menu in WPS Office Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Are you struggling to make an elegant food menu? This tutorial will show you how to create a neat and beautiful menu in WPS Office Excel quickly. Four simple steps are as following:
Step1：Set the print pattern and show print grid lines
Sept2：Input all the contents of the food menu
Sept3：Beautify the food menu
Sept4：Export the food menu
Now let’s make a food menu step by step.
Remember you are free to adjust the cells anytime according to actual needs.
· Step 1: Set the print pattern and show print grid lines
If you design your menu on the sheet freely, sometimes you may not get the expected results when printing. For example, if there is too much content, it would be separated into two pages with its layout changed. To avoid similar problems, you can set the print pattern first.
1. Input anything into one cell first to successfully enter the print preview mode. Then click Menu > the triangle on the right of the Print button > Print Preview.
2. Choose a paper size from the Paper Sizes drop-down menu.
(Here we choose B4.)
3. Set its orientation, margin, zoom pattern and so on in the ribbon as needed. You can also check or uncheck Print Gridlines (the gridlines of cells in the sheet) as needed. Then click Close to quit the print preview mode.
(Here we choose Portrait, No Zoom and uncheck Print Gridlines.)
4. You can also set margins by inputting arguments. Go to the Page Layout tab > Margins. You can choose from presets or click Custom margins to input desired arguments.
(Here we choose Narrow.)
To learn more about print page setup, click here to watch the tutorial in WPS Academy.
5. Head to the View tab > check Print Gridlines to show the split lines (in the form of dotted lines) between pages.
· Step 2: Input all the content
You can visualize the menu in the mind and then input all the content into the right cells as you want.
Note that the content that you want to print on the same page should be filled in cell range of the same page.
· Step 3: Beautify the menu
Some names of the dishes are too long to be displayed in one cell, so you can merge cells to show them entirely. WPS Office provides many types of merging for efficient operations.
1. Select the cells to be merged, click the Merge and Center and here we click Merge Across to merge these cells in batches.
2. You can also choose other merging methods as needed.
To learn more about merging, you can click hereto watch the tutorial in WPS Academy.
1. Select the cell range, and set the font style, font size, font color, fill color, alignment, etc.
(Here we set Brush Script MT, font size 24, Bold, Dark red, Center.)
2. You can also use Format Painter to apply the format quickly to the targeted cell range.
3. Then we finish the cell formatting.
To learn more about cells formatting, clickhereto watch the tutorial in WPS Academy.
1. Click the Insert tab > the Picture drop-down button.
2. You can select Floating Picture or Embed to Cell as needed.
Floating Picture: You can move the picture freely.
Embed to Cell: The picture is embedded into the selected cell and cannot be moved freely.
(Here we choose Floating Picture.)
3. Click From File to insert a picture from you computer. Then you can change its size and position as needed.
4. You can also choose from the preset pictures in the WPS Office. Note that these templates are only for template premium users. You click hereto subscribe.
1. Head to the Page Layout tab > Background.
2. Choose a picture as background.
· Step 4: Export the menu
Since we have set the printing pattern in advance, we can print the menu directly. To learn more about printing in WPS Office, click here to watch the tutorial in WPS Office Spreadsheet in WPS Academy.
In WPS Office Spreadsheet, however, the background cannot be printed in the normal printing method. If we need to print out the background, the Camera function can help.
1. Head to the View tab > uncheck View Gridlines.
2. Select the cell range, and click the Insert tab and click Camera to shoot this cell range.
3. Go to sheet 2 and click on any position to insert the image.
3. Left-click the image and you can print the image directly by clicking Save as Picture.
To learn more about how to print the background in WPS Office Spreadsheet, you can click here to watch the tutorial in WPS academy.
With these four steps, you are able to make an elegant menu in excel quickly and freely. Did you get it?
· Terms Explanation
1. What is Camera in WPS Spreadsheet?
The Camera function is used to shoot the range in a sheet and save it as an image. The image is synchronized with the source data, which means the image will change as the source sheet. It would be helpful when you need to compare two sheets.
2. What is WPS Spreadsheet?
WPS Spreadsheet is a module of WPS Office(an acronym for Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheet). WPS Spreadsheet is consistent with Excel document, which helps users to work with high efficiency. Its personal basic version is free to use and it also provides abundant functions and unique features for you to explore.
Learn more advanced skills about editing in WPS Spreadsheet:
WPS Spreadsheet basic editing | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
Content layout basics | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
WPS Office Spreadsheet is helpful for various fields of studies: mathematics, statistics, data science, engineering, finance, and such. Rich functions paired with teaching procedures, WPS Office Spreadsheet definitely is a professional and reliable toolkit.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 3. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula