How to make excel cells expand to fit text automatically in excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In the recent years, excel has become the most emerging and powerful software program. Excel serves as a unique and powerful platform for storing and analyzing data. It is the most significant tool in today’s digital world used by the people belonging to any field. However, to access the features of excel one should have a proper knowledge about them. Most of the excel features are compatible for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
We store all our maximum data and information in excel worksheets. Excel worksheet have a standard size of cell by default which can only adjust a content of certain length. Sometimes our data is not properly displayed in cells as it consists of limited space. To solve this problem excel consists a feature of expanding cell size. But many excel users face difficulty to adjust text in the cell. They are unable to expand a cell to fit the text. In this article we will discuss some ways through which the readers will learn to expand the cell size to fit the text. These methods are applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Expand A Cell Size By Autofill?
We can adjust text in a cell by autofill. Autofill automatically increases the size of the cell for storing a particular data. Following are the steps that allow the users to expand their cell size by autofill technique. This method works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions
1. First, we will select the cell and then we will go to home tab.
2. After that we will click the option of rows and columns.
3. Then we will click the option of auto fit row height and column width.
4. Then we will adjust the size of cell by changing row height and column width to fit the text automatically.
The above-mentioned method is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Expand A Cell Size By Adjusting The Text Manually?
We can change the size of the cell by chancing the height of rows and width of column manually. The first method changes the shape of cell automatically but in this method, we will add the desired range manually to adjust the size of cell. The steps to increases the size of the cell manually are described below. This method is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell which we want to expand.
2. Then we will go to home tab and select the option of rows and columns.
3. After that a dialog will pop up where we will add the desired range to change the size of row’s length and columns’ width to accommodate the text in the expanded text.
4. Lastly, we will click ok button.
This method works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Expand Multiple Cells To Fit Text?
The above-mentioned methods are used to adjust text in single cell. But if we want to adjust text in multiple cells. The process to expand multiple cells is same as to expand single cell. We just have to select multiple cells to accommodate the text. For selection of multiple cells we only have to press a short key that is Crtl +A. After that we will repeat the steps described previously. This method works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
Did you learn about how to make cells expand to fit text Automatically in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit the word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula