Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to recover excel file not saved
In order to recover an Excel file that you forget to save, follow the steps below if you are not aware of that How to recover excel file not saved File recovery may be necessary in the event that your previously saved document is closed before you have a chance to save any changes that have occurred since the last save.
Unsaved Excel files may be recovered in many methods. You might not get the latest version with all of your most recent changes, but it's a lot better than starting from scratch. Once you went through this article you will be able to answer the question that how to recover excel file not saved.
How to recover excel file not saved after it was Updated?
When you were working on a file and WPS Excel crashed (or the machine crashed, or the power went out), you may use this way to recover it. This method can be used for files that you have already saved. You still have the file that was saved before, but none of the modifications that you made are there.
1. Open a pre-existing WPS Excel spreadsheet of your choice.
2. You will notice a document recovery bar as soon as it opens, which will ask if you want to recover the data or the modification you missed saving. Just click on view more backup option.
3. When you will click on the view more backup option it will open the local backup option now you have to click on the plus sign which will be on the left side of the file of your choice. After clicking the plus sign you will get more option of your file now you can open the latest file.
4. Once you recovered the modification now you can save the new file with save as option to save the file with changes.
How to recover excel file not saved: new files
Even if WPS spreadsheet or your whole system crashes while you are working on anything, you may still retrieve the file you were working on since it was not saved.
1. Open a new WPS spreadsheet. Click on the menu, which will be on your upper left, right below the WPS office.
2. Now click on the backup and recovery option from the option bar, which will be open after clicking on the menu. And choose the auto backup option.
3. Now select the local backup from the window which will pop up following the auto back up. All of the documents you were working on are listed in the local backup window which are shown with numbers, and you can recover any of them
4. Once you recovered the document you missed to save, now you have to save it. Just click on the menu and go to the save as option so that you can save your document.
How To Recover Excel File Not Saved: Third Method
You can also recover your spreadsheet file in another way. You can just open the WPS office and you will get recent opened files. You can open the file you missed to save from here.
This article detailed how to Recover Excel File Not Saved or saved but the update has not been saved. If you wish to learn more about WPS Office, please visit the WPS Academy's official website. You can also WPS Academy'sdownload WPS Office for free to edit Word/Excel/PPT/PDF from here.
- 1. How to recover previous version of excel file
- 2. Recover excel files: how to rescue your data
- 3. How to recover unsaved excel files in less than five minutes
- 4. How to Recover Unsaved File in Excel
- 5. How excel recover files that are unsaved
- 6. How to recover unsaved excel files in windows and mac