How to remove space before text in Excel?
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Are you finding ways to remove space before text? Most people search it online and there are plenty of ways that can be used to remove the spaces before the text. this post will help you to remove the space before text by making use of the easiest methods.
In this post, we will be discussing two methods that can be used for removing space before the text in excel. In this post, we will explain very easy methods. We will guide you by giving a step-by-step explanation. So that you can remove the spaces before the text in just a few seconds. These methods are applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online.
How to Remove Extra Spaces By Using The Trim Function In Excel?
There is a TRIM function in excel that can be sued to remove the extra spaces before the text in excel. Here are the steps that we will follow to remove the unwanted spaces before text. these steps are applicable to all versions for 2016/2019/mac/online. Just follow these simple steps and remove the spaces before the text in just few seconds：
1. Write the text in the cells with spaces.
2. In the formula tab, write the formula =TRIM(A1)
3. Press enter after writing the formula =TRIM(A1), it will remove the extra spaces.
4. For applying the same function to the whole column, drag the column and the function will apply to the entire row.
How to Remove Spaces Before Text Using Find And Delete Command?
Here is another method that can be sued to remove the spaces before the text in excel. This method is applicable for all versions for 2016/2019/mac/online. This method is using find and delete command in excel. By following the below mentioned steps you can remve the spaces before the text.
1. Write the text in the cells.
2. Highlight the entire column.
3. Press ctrl+F on the keyboard and a window will open in front of you.
4. Press replace button and another dialogue will be opened.
5. Write space in find what tab and leave the replace with tab empty.
6. The space will be removed from the text.
The Functionality Of Trim And The Find And Delete Method
Both methods are very useful, these methods are very easy to use. With the help of the TRIM function, you can remove the spaces in just a few seconds. This is an unbelievably easy method to remove the spaces before the text from the entire column. All you need to do is to write int function TRIM and all the spaces will be removed.
Another easy method Find and Delete also has several advantages. It is also a very easy and quick method that will help you to remove the spaces before text.
Did you learn about how to remove space before the text in excel? You can follow WPS academy to learn more features of Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint slides. You can also download WPS office to edit the word documents, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint free of cost. Download Now! And get an enjoyable working space.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences