How to clean data (delete spaces) in WPS Office excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Welcome to WPS Official Academy to check the contents of How to clean data in WPS Office excel. Today we will learn how to remove unnecessary spaces in data with easy steps.
What is WPS Office?
WPS Office is the best alternative to Microsoft 365. WPS Office Suite supports both PC and Mobile, install the latest versions online and is compatible with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Adobe PDF.
We are dealing with data all the time, but some people are struggling to correct mistakes in data all the time. Sometimes, we may fail to return the result for reference, which might be explained by blank spaces at the start or end of the text in the referenced data.
Fortunately, various functions and features in WPS Spreadsheet can help you to handle data effectively and smartly.
Example to remove spaces in WPS Spreadsheet:
The Trim function can help us delete extra spaces in data, which can be put to good use in today's case.
1. First, place the mouse cursor at cell B2 where we want to display the cleaned result.
2. Enter =TRIM(A2) in cell B2.
Here is why we write the formula:
Argument: Returns text with only single spaces between words; Text is the text from which you want spaces removed.
3. Hover over cell B2 and drag the small cross in the lower right corner all the way down.
By doing so, we are easily getting rid of unwanted spaces from a text string.
It is worth mentioning that thspaces at the start or end of the textcan also be addressed by the TRIM function.
To explore more about how to clean data:
Click here to learn how to delete empty rows in WPS Spreadsheet.
Click here to see how to delete duplicates in WPS Academy.
Click here to see how to delete blank cells in WPS Academy.
Here, we have mastered an easy yet useful way to remove spaces in data. Did you get it?
Excel is the most powerful tool to manage and analyze various types of Data. This free WPS Spreadsheet tutorial for beginners covers in-depth lessons for Excel learning and how to use various Excel formulas, tables and charts for managing small to large scale business process.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences