Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to search for text in a range of cells in Excel
Excel is an organization where each and everything can be kept up with effectively in any organization for monetary examination, Individuals these days perform exceptionally refreshed techniques in Excel and give the best answer for their work. How to search for text in a range of cells is also a function in excel which performs by many methods. This can help you to search for text in a range of cells. This can be done by various methods but, first, we will start with,
USE OF FIND & REPLACE FUNCTION.
This method needs some steps to accomplish and fulfill.
1) First we need to click on Find and Replace option which shows in the bar HOME options.
2) After that when you click on it, a dialogue box will appear on the screen like this and find anything you want to find in the sheet.
3) Just like here I find NZ in finding what box and automatically after pressing enter, it finds the NZ text in it.
Congratulations, you find how to search text in a range of cells in excel easily by following all these steps.
How to search for text in a range of cells using ISTEX function.
The ISTEXT capability is by and large used to check regardless of whether a cell contains a text or not. We can use this method to find text in a range of cells. For this, we need some database elements on which we perform this function easily.
This method requires some steps to follow.
1) we’ll apply this function to all cells in Column B and check which ones are containing text data and which are not.
2) The second step is to place the formula of ISTTEXT in column C below the output and find out whether it includes text or not.
3) After placing a formula press enter and your text will appear as true or false in a box after that copy and drag down the formula up to C9, automatically all the answers will show in their boxes like this.
Congratulations you again find out how to search for a text in a range of cells through ISTEXT method easily by following all these steps.
How to search for a text in a range of cells through IF Function.
This is also a function through which we can easily determine how to search for a text in a range of cells through the IF function. This IF function is used to check whether a condition is met and the function returns a boolean value- TRUEor FALSE.
This function needs to perform some steps.
1) Our first step is to make data in spreadsheet-like text and output in which text area includes a number of countries name and in output we will place formula to find the country name which we want to find and in every box we imply formula and if it finds the country name what we want, true will appear and if not, false will appear.
2) Here we need of formula of IF function:=IF(B5=,Yes,No)
3) I need to find Pakistan text between them if it finds Pakistan it will show True in their boxes respectively.
Congratulations, by following all these steps you again find how to search for text in a range of cells through IF function easily without any hassle.
You can also find this feature in the latest excel versions 2016/2018/2019 spreadsheet, where you can easily find the right way to find how to search for text in a range of cells.
Did you learn about how to search for text in a range of cells in excel? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience