The VALUE function: Convert text to number in Excel
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
In daily work, we often come across text formats that represent numbers. So how can we convert text to number? There are two methods.
· Option 1
1. Click the Formulas tab > Insert Function to pop-up a dialog.
2. Input “VALUE” in the text box and then select the desired cell in the new dialog. Then click OK.
3. Drag the cell to fill the formula into the rest of the cells.
Tips: This method is suitable for situations where multiple data needs to be processed.
· Option 2
WPS Spreadsheets identifies numbers intelligently. When numbers in the cells are formatted as text, the cells are marked with a green triangle on the top left.
1. Click the cell, and you can see a drop-down button.
2. Click the drop-down button and click Convert to Number.
Tips: This method is suitable for situations where only small amounts of data needs to be processed.
For all, easy your work with WPS office suite. Free download WPS Office for PC, Mobile, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS online.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 4. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to add month name from date in Excel formula