How to add a column in excel on mac
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Learn how to add a column in excel is a simple procedure that most people know how to do. It is a common task for everyone who works in Excel, and there are different ways that you can add or insert a column in your Excel table.
If you are a beginner and do not have basic knowledge of Excel, you are in the right place. Below you can find 3 ways how to add a column in excel correctly.
How to add a column in excel?
To learn how to add a column in excel 2016, you first need to right-click on the column letter and click Insert. When inserting a row or column, the cell references will update automatically. Follow these steps:
1. Select cell A10 below, and then press ALT + = to quickly add a column of numbers.
2. Then, you will need to select column A. (New columns will be added to the left of the selection.)
3. Next, right-click and then click Insert.
If you want to add 2 or more columns, you must follow these steps:
4. Select multiple columns by clicking and dragging on the column headers. For example, if you want to insert 2 columns, you must select columns A and B.
5. To continue with the steps of how to add a column in excel, you must click the right button on your mouse and then click on Insert.
6. Double-click cell D10.
You can also use the Insert option on the Home tab to add new columns to your Excel table.
7. Select columns A, B, C, and D
8. Then, on the Home tab in the Cells group, you need to click Insert, Insert Sheet Columns.
If you want to add a column quickly, you can select a column and use the shortcut CTRL SHIFT +.
9. An example, you can select column F.
10. Press CTRL SHIFT +.
How to resize an Excel table by adding or removing columns and how to add a column in excel 2019?
If you have created an Excel table in your spreadsheet, you can easily add or remove columns and rows from your table.
To use the Resize command in Excel to add or remove columns and rows, you can follow these steps:
1. Click anywhere on your table to get started, and the Table Tools option will appear.
2. Then you need to click Layout> Resize Table.
3. In this step, you must select the entire cell range that includes your table; you need to start with the top-left cell.
4. When you have selected the range you want for your table, you must press OK.
As you can see learn how to add a column in excel mac, it is a quick and easy process that anyone can do.
How to delete rows or columns in an Excel table?
If you want to learn how to add a column in excel you can follow any of the 2 options above. But if you want to remove a column or row, please follow the steps below:
1. To get started, you will need to select one or more rows or columns from the table you want to delete.
2. On the Home tab, in the Cells group, you will need to click the arrow next to Delete and then click either Delete rows from table or Delete columns from the table.
The steps in how to add a column in excel online will allow you to insert as many columns as you want into your worksheet.
Were you able to learn how to add a column in excel? Following the above 3 options, you can insert or delete columns and rows from your Excel table. If you want to learn new Excel features, you can also follow WPS Academy.
Also, it will let you download WPS Office to create and edit Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents for free.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 2. How to expand cells to fit text in Excel
- 3. How to copy file names in Excel from a folder?
- 4. How to import external data in WPS Spreadsheet
- 5. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 6. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)