How to add a total row in excel with a shortcut
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
If you have just started a new job and do not know how to master Excel perfectly, it may be convenient to look for information about the tools that make up the program. Among the many things you should investigate is knowing how to add a total row in Excel in three simple methods. Luckily, you have come across a quick guide on how to add a total row in Excel without spending 1 minute on each method.
It is time for you to learn how to add a total row in excel online with professionals in the field who will explain each method in detail. Eventually, you will be able to apply the desired method as you find it more comfortable or easy to use.
How to add a total row in excel with the table layout?
The first way you will know how to add a total row in Excel is through the table design tab by performing the following steps:
1. Open the Excel document where you want to add a total row
2. You will have to click on table design. Within the tab, you will have to select total row.
3. See the results that the tool has given you and proceed to save the changes.
4. The total row that will appear at the bottom of the Excel document will offer you several options. You must click on the arrow and choose the sum option if that is what you want.
How to add a total row in Excel with a keyboard shortcut?
If you are looking for an even easier option than how to add a total row in excel 2016, you could use a couple of shortcuts. This method of how to add a total row in excel mac will also work without problems on your Windows computer; you have to do the following:
1. Open the Excel document where you have the data recorded.
2. Now, you will have to select the shortcut Command + Shift + T or Windows Control + Shift + T so that the total row appears at the end.
How to add a total row in Excel by adding a row and a simple formula?
As a last alternative in how to add a total row in excel 2019 or in the version you have, you can use a row and a simple formula. However, to successfully achieve this method, you will need to do the following:
1. Open the Excel document again where you have the data. Now you will have to select a cell, type totals, and then press enter on the keyboard.
2. Now, you will have to select the cell on the far right and thus include your first total result. Go to the home tab and click on the sum icon that would be inside the ribbon editing group.
3. With this total in the first column, you will only have to copy the formula in the following cells.
The methods of adding a total row in Excel may have been beneficial to you to use at work. However, it would help if you recognized that some methods are often more straightforward to apply than others. You must learn each method and decide which one to use in your work or studies.
If all the information about adding a total row in Excel has been useful to you, do not forget to go to WPS Academy for more similar guides. On the website, you will learn more Excel tools, and of course, you will have instructional guides on using Word and PowerPoint. On the other hand, the website will allow you to download WPS Office without giving a single penny.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences