Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
how to add page in word without page number
While editing the document, we sometimes may want to insert a blank page in the middle to supplement related content. So how can we do that? In this article we will discuss in detail how to add page in word. You can also add horizontal and vertical page in a word.
There are two methods on how to add page in word. Either you add Blank page or add page break. Both methods are used for this purpose.
For tutorial purpose, the method is shown for Windows operating system but also works similarly on Mac.
How to add page in word horizontally
1. Open the existing Word document to insert blank page or create a new document. For tutorial purposes, an existing document is opened.
2. Place the cursor, to add page. Go to the insert tab located on the top of the word. After clicking Ribbon panel of insert tab will open.
3. Now you can see “Blank page” option located at top left corner. Click it.
4. After clicking two options appear. Options are “Horizontal page” and “Vertical page”.
5. If you want to add new page above the existing page. Then place the cursor before the text starts.
6. If you want to add page below existing page. Then place the cursor at the end of the paragraph or text.
7. If you have decided where to add new page in document, then choose “Horizontal Text box” option. Horizontal page will be added.
8. The page which is Tick mark is Horizontal page we added before the existing page.
How to add page in word vertically
1. Place the cursor, where you want to add page. Go to the insert tab located at the top of the word. After clicking, Ribbon panel of insert tab will open.
2. Now you can see “Blank page” option located at top left corner. Click it.
3. After clicking two options appear. One is “Horizontal page” and other is “Vertical page”.
4. Click Vertical Text Box. Then, Vertical page will be added.
5. The page which is Tick mark is Vertical page we added.
How to add page in word with page break
1. Place the cursor, where you want to add page break. Go to the insert tab located on the top of the word. After clicking Ribbon panel of insert tab will open.
2. Now click page “break” option, a drop down menu will appear.
3. Many options will appear. Select “page break” located at top of drop down menu. Then you will go directly next page.
You can also split text in two parts using page break option. If you have two paragraphs on one page and you want to split it in two pages, then place cursor at end of first paragraph and select “page break” option. Second paragraph will automatically go to next page.
This is how to add pages in word on mac or windows. These will allow you to add pages very easily. But if you want to get more information of Word features, you can subscribe to WPS Academy to learn in detail.
Need to edit Word/Excel/PPT file free of charge? Download WPS Office edit files like without any cost. Download now! to get enjoyable working experience.
- 1. How to Add Page Number To Word from Specific Page
- 2. How to add page number in word
- 3. How to automatically add the serial number of the tables in WPS Writer
- 4. How to insert page number from a specific page in Word
- 5. How to remove page number in Word
- 6. How to Add Percentage to a Number in Excel Using Formula