Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to add text and formula in same cell In Excel
Excel helps the users in managing and analyzing data. For producing a well-organized and precise data the excel users apply several formulas. This enables the users to easily interpret the data. Applying formula to certain data is a very helpful feature for excel users in producing an accurate and valid data. We can add different types of Formulas to activate several excel features. However, problem arises when we need to add text and formula in same cell.
Excel has installed several functions that helps the excel users in adding formula and text in a same cell. For creating a readable and descriptive data, excel users can add text and formula in same cell using several methods and techniques. In this article we will highlight some methods that would help the users in producing a data easy to interpret by adding formula and text in a same cell in excel. These methods are compatible to 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Add Text And Formula In Same Cell In Excel?
The most common and simple way of adding formula and text in a same cell is by using a formula consisting of ampersand operator. The steps of this technique are mentioned below. This process is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell range which we want to combine with formula. In this case we will combine cell A2, B2 and C2 and the text is “daily income is”
2. Then we will go to formula box and enter the formula =A2&'s daily income is: &SUM(B2,C2).
3. This will result in producing a combined data consisting of both text and formula.
This process works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Add Text And Formula In Same Cell Using Text Function?
Another important function of combining both text and formula is by using Text Function. It is a quick and easy of combining both text and formula in the same cell. The steps to access Text function are as follows. This feature is compatible to 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell range that we want to add with formula. In this case the cell range is A2 to C2 and the text is “total salary is”.
2. After selecting the cell range, we will enter the formula in the formula box =A2&'s total salary is: &TEXT(B2*C2,h).
3. This will give us the amount of total salary of the selected cells including both text and formula.
This feature works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
How To Add Text And Formula In Same Cell using CONCATENATE Function?
Concatenate function is also an essential feature for combination of both text and formula. It is a very beneficial function and helps the excel users in adding formula and text in same cell using a formula. The steps for activating this feature are given below. This function works with 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
1. First, we will select the cell range. For this case the text is “Ali’s total salary is “.
2. Then we will enter the formula in the formula box =CONCATENATE(Ali's total salary is: ,B2*C2).
3. This will result in addition of both text and formula producing a combined data.
This method is applicable for 2016/2019/mac/online versions.
Did you learn about how to add text and formula in same cell in excel using different methods? You can follow WPS Academy to learn more features of Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint Slides.
You can also download WPS Office to edit the word documents, excel, and PowerPoint for free of cost. Download now! And get an easy and enjoyable working experience.
- 1. How to display multiple tables side by side under the same window?
- 2. How to check if a cell contains text in Excel
- 3. Easy Shortcut: How to fit text to cell in Excel
- 4. How to Use Excel Formula IF Cell Contains Text in Excel
- 5. Excel formula: if cell contains text then return value in another cell
- 6. How to add hyperlink in excel cell text