How to check for duplicates in WPS Office Excel sheets
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
We often need to compare two sets of data and check for duplicates at work, but it would be a waste of time to look for duplicates one by one. To solve this problem, WPS Office provides the Manage Duplicates function.
· Steps to check for duplicates with the Manage Duplicates function
Here we take two sheets as examples, which record the attendees of Conference 1 and Conference 2. To find out those who attended two conferences, we need to check for duplicates in these two sheets.
1. Head to the Data tab > Manage Duplicates.
There are four options: Highlight duplicates, Fetch duplicates, Highlight unique values and Fetch unique values.
2. Here we choose Highlight duplicates.
3. In the Mark duplicate rows in two worksheets dialog, choose Two Worksheets on the left, and check the two worksheets Conference 1 and Conference 2.
4. At Specify Color, choose the desired color to highlight the duplicates.
5. Click Confirm to Mark. Then the duplicates in these sheets are highlighted.
As you can see in the dialog, the data from different ranges, sheets and even workbooks can be managed with this function. You can explore more by clicking the following links to watch the free tutorials:
More features in Remove Duplicates | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
Compare two sheets for differences | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
Compare two excel files for differences | WPS Academy Free Office Courses
WPS Office is a free office software that is capable of creating and editing different file formats, including texts in Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and PDF. No matter if you are a student or a business runner, WPS Office is a top choice. WPS Academy, along with WPS Office, offers free and useful tips to beginners who don't know where to start. In addition to the basic functions, WPS Academy can also take you to the more advanced world of office software.
- 1. How to get month name from a date in Excel (3 easy ways)
- 2. Check if value is in list in Excel (3 easy methods)
- 3. How to Copy File Names in Excel from a Folder?
- 4. How to add text to beginning or end of all cells in Excel
- 5. How to color cell based on value in Excel?
- 6. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences