How to create an index in Word？
A free Office suite fully compatible with Microsoft Office
Before inserting index to this document, we need to mark entry first.
1. Open your word document, select the text that you need to mark, and Click the References tab.
2. Click Mark Entry to pop up a dialog, and you can set its Page number format by checking Bold and Italic. Then click Mark.
3. Click the position where you need to insert index. In general, we insert to the end of an article.
Click Insert Index in the References tab, and set its format as needed and you can preview in the box. Then click OK.
WPS office software could be compatible with Microsoft Office, and these training contents help students or home workers finish their work efficiently.
Was this helpful?
- 1. How to customize draw borders for tables
- 2. Instructions of printing interface in WPS Writer
- 3. How to use the page break preview feature
- 4. How to compare two excel sheets and highlight differences
- 5. A quick way to calculate sum, average, count, max, and min
- 6. How to insert a check box in WPS Spreadsheet