Free All-in-One Office Suite with PDF Editor
Edit Word, Excel, and PPT for FREE.
Read, edit, and convert PDFs with the powerful PDF toolkit.
Microsoft-like interface, easy to use.
Windows • MacOS • Linux • iOS • Android
How to create space in a formula in WPS Office Excel
Are you ready to master how to create space in a formulain excel? After learning this WPS free course, you will be advanced from a beginner in WPS Spreadsheet.
WPS Spreadsheet iscompatible with Microsoft Office Excel. As the world's leading developer of office software solutions, WPS Office provides free applications for individuals and businesses to improve productivity.
How can we insert space in a formula to make it displayed in the result? When do we need space in the formula? In other words, when do we need to add space?
Suppose you are an HR of a company and have the first name and last name and need to get the full name. Clever as you, you might already know how the CONCATENATE function works, which can combine the text of two separated cells. But how to create space between them?
If you are not familiar with the CONCATENATE function, don't worry, let's figure it out together.
1. Place your cursor in C2, enter the following formula
Here is why we write the formula:
Syntax:CONCATENATE(text1, [text2], ...)
Argument:Text1means the first argument to join, text2 and more are the additional texts or numbers to combine. We want to join text from A2 (First Name) with the text from B2 (Last Name) and pull them together in C2 (Full Name).
2. By doing so, we may find the result is still not what we see in our daily life, as spaces are missing. To solve this, we need to adjust the formula we wrote. Enter the following formula=CONCATENATE(A2, , B2)
Here, we have added a space between the first and last names. Don't forget to add the quotes. Then drag it all the way down.
3. Here, we have inserted a space in the CONCATENATE function.
WPS Spreadsheet is similar to Microsoft Office and is available for Windows, PC, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices.
To explore more about WPS Spreadsheet :
We have learned how to combine two columns together, click here to see how to split columns in WPS Academy's video tutorials.
Here, we have learned a easy yet useful way to add space to your formula. Did you get it?
Excel is the most powerful tool to manage and analyze various types of Data. This free WPS Spreadsheet tutorial for beginners covers in-depth lessons for Excel learning and how to use various Excel formulas, tables and charts for managing small to large scale business process.
- 1. How to remove space in Excel before text
- 2. How to create infographics in WPS Office Excel
- 3. How to replace "space” with "paragraph mark”
- 4. How to Reduce Space Between Words in WPS Writer (Step-by-Step)
- 5. How to create a personal budget in WPS Office Excel?
- 6. How to create an impressive dashboard in WPS Office Excel